“Great Eatery”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2012

When i read a review I always want to ask the question of the reviewer ,"Are you heavy." While i am sure thin people too like food ,no one loves food like a chubby person.In case you are now wondering if i am chubby ,when I swim on LBI the lifeguards make me wear a T shirt that has in bold print"DO NOT HARPOON"..We my wife must have though i was going to die because she offered to take me to the Engleside.which is a bit pricy,but not for the quality you are getting.So many people want fresh quality food and they want to pay Dollar store prices. It is not going to happen folks,you get what you pay for.
I had the Lobster Bisque.You could taste the muted Sherry wine along with the creamy blend of spices and chunks of lobster.I love good quality butter and had a hot steaming roll with a sweet pat of butter to accompany my bisque.
I ordered the panco encrusted scallops.The scallops were the size of a ping pong ball.and so fresh and full of flavor.My wife ordered the flounder Franchaise which was over a bed of fresh spinich.personally i would of preferred a bed of cappolini,but i do not run the Engleside.But it was fresh and wonderful.The place was jammed so our potato came after we finished dinner.But no big deal,a potato does not make the meal and who needs the carbs?
In short this is not the Olive Garden.So be prepared to pay about $70 for a great meal for two.But if you are dating you will make a great hit by taking your squeeze to this restaurant.Shows you are a spender not a cheap skate.

4  Thank keyasset

Reviewed February 23, 2012

My husband and I were out & decided to dine with our 3 yr old. We didnt know where to go & we were recommended to try this place. The person told us it was at a motel. We were skeptical but we decided to give it a try. The service was excellent, as well as the food. They make you feel at home. It was great and extremely kid friendly! Our son was accepted and it made our dining very comfortable!

Reviewed November 17, 2011

We have been going to dinner at the Engleside Inn for the past 35 years. Busy in the summer and great food. Cozy with fireplace [real wood], and sports on the TV near the bar. Excellent local seafood, great salads, excellent service. Never a bad meal. Great selection of drinks from the bar.

I real pleasure to visit in the winter when most of the island is closed, and the traffic lights are off.

I have shared this restaurant with friends, family, colleagues-and without exception they have all come away happy and content.

6  Thank MarkO95
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We were visiting Beach Haven for my husband's birthday weekend and remembered that we had enjoyed this restaurant several years ago. It is still as good as we remembered. The staff is competent and very friendy and the food is consistantly excellent. My husband's filet was perfectly done and came with a huge baked potato and delicious veggies. I had the seafood absolut and it was excellent. The menu is extensive. We had been advised to make reservations at The Gables for his birthday the next day. We were very dissapointed there. Should have come back to Engleside.

A TripAdvisor Member
Lumberton, NJ
Reviewed August 24, 2003

Stopped by to get a lunch at the sand bar after a hot day on the beach.
Encountered unbelievable disrespect by the bartender. After waiting ten minutes for service (bar was half empty), I decided to take a menu from behind the bar. The menu was ripped from my hand, and I was told to stay on "my side of the bar." I'm not a "punk kid" looking to steal drinks. I'm a 30 year old educator trying to find out what to order. I will never eat here, drink here, or stay here again.

20  Thank A TripAdvisor Member