“You have to have seafood while at the shore” 4 of 5 bubbles

Terrace Tavern & Crab Shack
Ranked #59 of 89 Restaurants in Beach Haven
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Cheyenne, WY
“You have to have seafood while at the shore”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I were staying on LBI and saw this place and decided to try it. The best item we had was the Crab Bisque soup. It was so delicious and served with sherry. We each had a steampot which was delicious, except that my crab legs had a funny taste. I don't know if it was a type of crab I have not had before or if there was an issue, but it made me not want to eat it, and I love crab. Otherwise everything else was really good. The waitress was not super nice, but not completely rude either. This is a small place with a bar and it is pretty loud, and we were there during off-season. I am sure it is crazy in there later in the summer.

Edmeston, New York
“Great Happy Hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

With my $4 Hop Devil draft in hand I had the peel ur own shrimp, and also the raw oysters. Both great! Later came back for the lobster special which was well worth it. Would definitely return.

“yum yum yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

get the crab cakes!!!!! Get a steam pot too!!!!! and a burger!!!!!! just get anything!!!!!! Great food!!!!!

Glen Rock, New Jersey
“Lobster special hit the spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I prefer to eat at the bar when dining alone and had a lovely time here. I ordered the 1.5 steamed lobster special for $19.99 and it was excellent. And $10 for a generous glass of Santa Margherita was a deal.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lavallette, New Jersey
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

What a great bar and restaurant. Went their last evening and had great service, great food and excellent drinks. Nicely redone after Sandy, the whole place has a beachy, summery feel about it. Staff was really great, from the hostess to the incredible waitress to the attentive busboys. All made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived until we left. Food was heavy on the seafood side but all of our meals were great. Next time we try the Lobster Rolls, we watched some get served to the table next to us and they looked incredible. Can't say enough good about the place. Highly recommended. It just became our new favorite casual restaurant and bar on LBI.

• Visited June 2014