“Great Getaway”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hurley's At Holgate Inn
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Beach Haven
Reviewed July 30, 2006

I had a short (i.e. 2 night) stay at Hurley's and it was a great getaway. Hurley's is conveniently located for beach access. It is located in the more residential southern LBI town of Holgate. The proprieters were courteous and always made me feel welcome.

Reviewed July 23, 2006

My husband and I and our 9 year old son recenty spent the most wonderful weekend at Hurleys Inn in LBI. I made our reservations over the phone and when I told Mrs Hurley that we were interested in going fishing early Satuday morning, she was so kind as to call me back with all the phone numbers we needed to call ahead and make our arrangements,, we are from Pa and having the phone numbers ahead of time really made planning our stay so much easier.
As far as the hotel,,,Hurleys Inn was definitely such a wonderful surprise,,beach motels can sometimes be very "Grungy," ,but Hurleys was nothing of the sort. The rooms were lovely and they are set up where there is privacy between rooms,,you dont feel like you are at the typical beach motel. Hurleys is the pefect little Oasis on LBI,,close enough to all LBI has to offer yet far enough away to enjoy a peaceful nights sleep and awake to the beauty of the beach, in the most pefect little beach hideaway, Hurleys Inn

A very pleased family from Bethlehem Pa

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 19, 2006

Hurley's at Holgate is truly one of the cleanest and friendliest places to stay at the beach. I have been a regular customer for the past 5 years and have enjoyed myself each time I stay. The hotel is directly located across from the beach so it is a minimal walk. Beach badges are provided and lifeguards are on duty all day. The hotel is far enough from the hustle and bustle of town but close enough to be able to get there in minutes. The rooms are always clean. Air conditioning and a refrigerator are provided to make life more comfortable. The owners, Mr. and Mrs. Hurley have been residents of LBI for years and are knowledgeable and very accomodating. I couldn't think of a better place on LBI to stay.

Hackettstown, NJ

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank schully
Valley Cottage, NY
Reviewed July 16, 2006

We have been happy to return to Hurley's Inn at Holgate each year for over a decade. The owners, Mike and Marianne Hurley are very welcoming and do all they can to make your stay a comfortable one. The pleastant rooms are neat, and are cleaned daily with fresh towels provided. The apartment-sized refrigerators are very convenient and make it possible to have an enjoyable breakfast and lunch on your private, shaded deck with the sound of the surf in the background. (fresh coffee and juice for breakfast are complimentary) Barbeque grills are also provided. Hurley's is located in a quiet, residential area of the island, just steps from the oceanside beach and a short walk from the bay when you can view sunsets. Beach Haven's many fine restaurants and other attractions are a short two mile drive. Overall, the quiet, homey atmosphere and congenial hosts make Hurley's Inn a big plus.

• Stayed: August 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Upper Saddle River
Reviewed July 16, 2006

What a wonderful time we had this weekend at Hurley's of Holgate. I am from New Jersey my whole life and stayed at numerous places at the Jersey Shore but this one was great. The hosts Marianne and Mike were like family! They could not be more gracious and accomodating especially to my 10 year old. The rooms were clean, bright and charming. I did not feel like I was at a motel but at my aunt's home (my son left calling the Hurley's Aunt Marianne and Uncle Mike). They recommended fabulous resturants and were interested and made sure we were having a good time. The rates were quite reasonable and we are going back in August. A Great find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 16, 2006

Just got back from a beautiful weekend ath Hurley's. Just thought I would check the reviews and write what we thought. We were shocked to read the recent review from Conn. that the place was a dump! The place is lovely and no way a dump. The location is wonderful, and the hosts treat you like family. Is this person from the same planet??

Morristown, NJ

• Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank dolosunshine
New new Jersey
Reviewed July 16, 2006

Place is very appealing, charming and restful. Great location adjacent to the water.Reasonable and clean

Stayed: June 2006
Holiday Inn Manahawkin / Long Beach Island
Sea Spray Motel
Sea Spray Motel
#8 of 12 in Beach Haven

Been to Hurley's At Holgate Inn? Share your experiences!