Hurley's At Holgate Inn
Sea Spray Motel(Beach Haven)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Pool
Spray Beach Hotel(Beach Haven)
$120
$116
Mariner Inn(Beach Haven)(Great Value!)
$91
$87
Engleside Inn(Beach Haven)
All reviewsacross the streetbeach accessquiet endsouthern end of the islandliterally stepssecond floorwatch the sunriselast minuteoutdoor showermikedecklbioceanmotelsummerhostsaccommodations
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Just stayed at the Hurley's during July heat wave and had a wonderful time. It's located at the southern end of LBI (almost all the way at the end). The hotel is small and charming and blends in well to the quiet community of Holgate. The best thing about the hotel is its location, literally across the street from the beach. The rooms are not the Four Seasons but they are exceptionally clean. The owner Mike is about as nice and easygoing as there is and his daughter is really the one running the show down there. She knows the island very well. Town is about 2 miles north and we biked casually to the action in about 10 minutes, but there are no parking meters so driving is not a hassle either. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends and will be there again in early October for Chowderfest. That is the best time down the shore in my opinion anyway. Thanks again Hurley's!!!!!

Room Tip: Outdoor shower in the back was nice
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jen R
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I really can't comment on the quality of this establishment but it seems nice. My husband made a reservation and cancelled it two days later. The owners daughter handled making the reservation and the cancellation. It's a mom and pop place but upon cancellation they gave me no confirmation, no nothing. The daughter just stated it's taken care of after I gave my name and date of stay. After months of dispute with American Express they have charged me $360.00 because there is no proof of cancelation. The owners can't believe their daughter is at fault here. You be the judge... other posts confirm the owners never make mistakes. Wait for their response on this one. Owners were rude and unprofessional when we dealt with this matter on the phone. Just saying. be careful, I work hard for my money.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Marla M
Maire7, Owner at Hurley's At Holgate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

According to the individual the reservation was made on June 30th by herself. In fact, the reservation was made on July 23rd by a man for a two night mid-week stay in August to supplment the overflow he expected when he rented a home on the Island. He received an email confirmation, confirming the dates and details our phone conversation regarding our cancellation policy. It is spelt out in the email and we give the guest an opportunity to read it again and either to accept our cancellation policy without having to do anything, or to write CANCEL on the email and return it to us, and that is the end of the matter. If an individual does cancel they receive an email confirmation to protect them AS WELL AS OURSELVES.This reservation confirmation email was sent on July 23rd. If they made and cancelled their reservation on Jun 30th - July 1st as stated by them, why didn't they contact us on July 23rd when I sent my email and ask what we were talking about as they cancelled it three weeks earlier. They didn't. We could have attempted to rectify the matter then, and also rerent the room. We had numerous calls for their dates, but we had nothing available.They also reserved a room with one queen, so it was for 2 people not a family as they are. It is also strange that the two days they reserved were the only 2 rainouts we had on LBI..which makes me believe that their guests decided not to come at the last minute. We attempted to contact them numerous times on those days to see when they were arriving, but we were provided with a home phone not a cell and had no luck since they were on the Island in their rental home.We really do not like earning someone's money this way, but we too have to protect ourselves which is why everything is clearly written out in our confirmation email and AMEX must think we are doing a pretty good job if they sided with us. Also, for anyone's information they talk of my daughter as if she was a kid handling the motel. She is an RN, with children aging from toddlers to teenagers and could run this place quite well on her own. Yes, like everyone today you work hard for your money, but guess what, so do we.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

I wanted to take my family for a quick end of summer getaway and chose Hurley's w/ out having ever stayed b4...it was a great place to stay...very reasonable, quiet but close to all the activity in Beach Haven and practically ocean front...easy on / off the beach...the owners are very nice and very accommodating...will definitely be back ...

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank brandcr
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Very relaxing beach area, clean room, deck access and easy parking. Owners very pleasant and great service.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dennis m
Reviewed August 7, 2011

have been to LBI many times over the past 20 years and have stayed at many different motels/inns..by far this was the best motel . The owners are very accommodating and very friendly. We had two rooms and both we very clean and comfortable. The location to the beach was AWESOME, we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: call early they sell out ..
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family