“good atmosphere/staff but no luck with the food”
Review of Bistro 14

Bistro 14
Ranked #37 of 94 Restaurants in Beach Haven
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I wanted to like this place!! I read good reviews online and decided to try it out on a saturday night on early june while visiting LBI for the first time. We arrived late, just a few minutes before their closing time and when I asked if they were still serving dinner (expecting a no), a waitress kindly replied they could take us in with a big smile on her face (that never happens in CT or NY). We sat outside and the view was beautiful, we quickly ordered dinner because I felt bad about them staying late for us. My crabcake tasted frozen and rubbery, with no flavor. My boyfriend had a chicken with olives and it wasn't good either. Chicken had a weird taste and texture to it, he is usually not picky but he couldn't even eat half of it. I want to believe we just picked the wrong items out of the menu but I don't think we will be back.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

The combination of great sunset views, food and service, make this a must go to in LBI. If you like oysters, they have a great selection as well as grilled fish that can be prepared in varied and delicious ways. BYOB. So good we came back twice Memorial Day Weekend. Make reservations!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Went here today and was sorely disappointed. I ordered the clam chowder and a mesclun salad. The clam chowder was ok, but was not served hot enough. My Dad got the french onion soup, which he said was also served lukewarm. How is that even possible? I have never had a french onion soup not served piping hot since they are supposed to run it under the broiler. Weird. The salad was so small it was laughable. This was literally a CUP of lettuce. One cup. Nothing else. With 3 small bread croutons spread with goat cheese. The dressing tasted of nothing but oil. They should really switch to bottled dressings, and I never thought I'd say that about any restaurant. The salad was $10. For that! All told, with two salads, two clam chowders, and a bowl of french onion soup, and 3 diet sodas the bill ran $47 before tip. For less than mediocre food. At least the waitress was nice. My advice: go elsewhere. There are plenty of restaurants in this part of town.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

This restaurant is located in the middle of Bay Village. Great location Good menu selection but definitely not a "bistro." Had the scallops and they were prepared well. Had heirloom tomato and mozzarella salad which was delicious! Not a fancy place but they can accomodate large parties. Although we had a reservation, when we arrived we request an outside table. We were told that those tables were only for parties of 2 or 4 as the deck is very narrow. Inside was fine but not the same as an outside table with a view of bay in distance.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I wish there was a bit more consistency here because I really want to like this place. They have a great location overlooking the bay--a location which has seen its share of restaurants/bars come and go. In concept, Bistro 14 has a lot more to offer than its predecessors. LBI needs more good restaurants and I think this has the potential to be one. Having eaten here a number of times, I've experienced mediocre food and service to excellent food and service. On a recent visit, I had a classic bistro dish, Chicken with Olives, that was as good as any that I've had in Paris. Will it be as good next time? I sure hope so. The potential is there; it's a question of execution. As said in the title, there is always a great selection of oysters. Note: this is a BYO.