“A Must When On LBI”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Long Beach Island, New Jersey
“A Must When On LBI”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The Blue Water Cafe is one of those places that has that "Island" feel here on LBI. The food is excellent - love their Meatloaf and Lobster Mashed potatoes. Salads are super. Great Lobster Roll. The servers are all great . Always love to eat outside in the summer and when we travel - although this is right on the main Blvd. it is done so well - great to sit at their outdoor table for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner - would highly recommend this stop when on LBI.

• Visited May 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Delicious Food and Good Service (most of the time)”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I probably eat at this place 4 or 5 times a summer. Like most of the LBI shore locations, there is typically a bit of a wait but they have a nice area outside to drink a glass of wine or have a beer while you wait. The place is BYOB. I like eating outside more than inside which can feel a bit cramped and loud.

The menu is varied and usually all of the food is delicious. Steamed clams and fresh fish especially. Lately, however, it seems like the quality of some of the appetizers is hit or miss. Also, on our last visit we were one of the later tables sat (although by no means close to closing time) and it was clear that the young male waiter wanted to go home. Even though it was early and there were multiple tables sitting around us, he dropped our check before offering coffee or dessert. Then when we told him we wanted dessert and coffee he reluctantly said okay. When we ordered dessert and coffee he came back and told us they were out of the dessert we wanted and dropped the check again. He didn't bring coffee or offer a different dessert. On top of that, there were clearly portions of the desert in the glass dessert display case!!! It was almost comical if it wasn't so insulting. We are frequent customers and most of us worked in the service industry part-time through high school or college at some point in our lives so we are good tipping easy going polite patrons. We thought we deserved better than this. It is a shame because we have had numerous great experiences at Blue Water and we will definitely go back again in hopes that this was a one time thing.

• Visited July 2012
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“A Must Try”
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Been here a couple times on vacation, reasonably priced, service is super friendly. Great gelato, delicious soft shell crab, outstanding soups. (Especially the lobster bisque and New England clam.

Tranquity, NJ
“Not a good experience”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Several weeks ago myself and 3 others ate dinner at this restaurant. I can honestly say my dinner was good but that is where it ends. The other 3 dinners were horrible. At $30 plus dollars a plate I would have expected at least the offer of bread on the table. I also do not appreciate having to repeatedly swat the flies off my meal throughout the entire evening. My dinner guests and I would not go back to this restaurant.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank BohanDonner
Matawan, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unbelievable garlic mussels!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

A friend told us about the delicious garlic mussels appetizer, and I wish they would offer this as a main course. My husband and I love to get the mussels and one of the large salads for dinner, and we are set! My favorite salad has cranberries, nuts and gorgonzola cheese, and I usually top it with shrimp. This is my definition of a perfect, lite dinner. it's BYOB, so a glass of wine, and it's just perfect. A great place to sit outside!

• Visited August 2012