“Found a new LBI favorite”
Review of Blue Water Cafe

Blue Water Cafe
Ranked #8 of 93 Restaurants in Beach Haven
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Had a great meal over the Labor Day weekend. The place was packed ( no reservations) but waiting was fun. This BYOB restaurant had ice buckets for your wine or beer and supplied glasses or paper cups to those waiting. Could use a few more seats though. The food was excellent. They had a pub menu and a dinner menu. The salads were fresh and delicious. We shared a few appetizers like crab dip and meat and cheese plate. The service was impeccable. This is my new favorite on LBI. Can't wait til next summer.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Blue Water Cafe is a great Jersey shore restaurant serving good seafood in a VERY casual atmosphere. The food is terrific but, for me, the big pull is their Clam Chowder. They have placed first in the Chowderfest (Toms River) many times and, when you taste their chowder (New England, of course!), you will understand why. When I am in my NJ home, I frequently purchase quarts of this delicious, full (it's a meal!) chowder to keep in my fridge for friends, family and me! BEST EVER!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Have driven by many times to see people waiting for a table, usually a good indication.
Service was good. BYO. Enjoyed Crab cakes with lobster mashed potatoes. Wifeenjoyed her meat loaf . dessert and coffee was excellent. nice outside seating ..

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Recently visited again to have chowder and lobster roll. My wife and I each had soup and split the lobster roll for lunch. It is a great causal place for lunch or dinner. The portions are a great value and the service was great. Blue water offers outside dining and very comfortable chairs.It's location i8s a downfall for eating outside because it is located on the Blvd. It is worth a visit for great food and service.

1  Thank Nicholas J
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband & I recently took a drive to LBI and decided on Blue Water Cafe for lunch. I ordered the New England and he ordered the Manhattan clam chowder. Both were excellent, mine was rich and creamy and had tons of clams, he had the same experience with the amount of clams and he said the broth was delicious. We both had the Crab Cake sandwich - I asked if I could substitute my fries for the homemade potato chips and our server was very accommodating. I am so glad she did - the homemade chips are fantastic - my husband stuck with the fries and said they were okay. All in all it was a very pleasant experience and we would probably go again.