“Great dinner spot!”

Kingston, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great dinner spot!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Fresh food and enjoyable atmosphere. Our meals were delicious - and huge! The Blue Water Cafe has all American classics with a slight twist - a unique condiment maybe, or a surprising side dish. Make sure you BYOB or wine to this location.

Visited August 2012

Huntington Beach, California
“Perfect East Coast breakfast”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Coming from Orange County, Ca, my husband asked the waitress what was the best thing on their menu. She said the crabcake and eggs.Well at $15.25, it better be fantastic. So I decided, when in Rome, and ordered it. It was absolutely fantastic. I really can't get a good crabcake here in Ca, and now having this one at the Blue Water, I know that nothing over here holds a candle to it. My husbands meat omlette was typical, and we both noticed the massive pancakes someone was eating nearby and wished he ordered those. But I have to say, my eggs, crabcake and home potatoes were so flavorfull I didn't need to add anything. The crab cake was huge and full of crab meat, the eggs were scrambled perfectly and the potatoes were the perfect combination of crispy but not charred. When I go back to Jersey in 2 years, I will definately make my way to Blue Water Cafe for that crabcake and egg breakfast!

• Visited July 2012
New York
“Lunch @ the Blue Water Cafe”
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant before and was troubled by all the bad reviews so I came back to see what was up.
First of all the chowder is excellent and worth any issues at the restaurant of which we had none.
Every table was full and we still received good service and had a great lunch. My family had both Manhattan and New England clam chowder as well as some nice wraps.
I am glad to see a restaurant we frequent every year is still what I expected it to be. Anyone with an issue should just slow down & relax- after all you are on vacation.

Beach Haven
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Was craving a great seafood pasta and got a recommendation to come here. Very disappointing. seafood was over cooked and the pasta was drowning in sauce. I was soo sick afterwards. This was horrible and disappointing and wayy over priced.. The whole thing cost me over $30!!

• Visited July 2012
Livingston, New Jersey
“A place we always come back to and are never disappointed.”
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

My husband loves the surf and turf sandwich and I love the Mediterranean salad. We make this one of our stops while in LBI. Food is good, service is good, the price is affordable.