“Perfect East Coast breakfast”
Review of Blue Water Cafe

Blue Water Cafe
Ranked #10 of 92 Restaurants in Beach Haven
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Huntington Beach, California
“Perfect East Coast breakfast”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Coming from Orange County, Ca, my husband asked the waitress what was the best thing on their menu. She said the crabcake and eggs.Well at $15.25, it better be fantastic. So I decided, when in Rome, and ordered it. It was absolutely fantastic. I really can't get a good crabcake here in Ca, and now having this one at the Blue Water, I know that nothing over here holds a candle to it. My husbands meat omlette was typical, and we both noticed the massive pancakes someone was eating nearby and wished he ordered those. But I have to say, my eggs, crabcake and home potatoes were so flavorfull I didn't need to add anything. The crab cake was huge and full of crab meat, the eggs were scrambled perfectly and the potatoes were the perfect combination of crispy but not charred. When I go back to Jersey in 2 years, I will definately make my way to Blue Water Cafe for that crabcake and egg breakfast!

New York
“Lunch @ the Blue Water Cafe”
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant before and was troubled by all the bad reviews so I came back to see what was up.
First of all the chowder is excellent and worth any issues at the restaurant of which we had none.
Every table was full and we still received good service and had a great lunch. My family had both Manhattan and New England clam chowder as well as some nice wraps.
I am glad to see a restaurant we frequent every year is still what I expected it to be. Anyone with an issue should just slow down & relax- after all you are on vacation.

Beach Haven
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Was craving a great seafood pasta and got a recommendation to come here. Very disappointing. seafood was over cooked and the pasta was drowning in sauce. I was soo sick afterwards. This was horrible and disappointing and wayy over priced.. The whole thing cost me over $30!!

Livingston, New Jersey
“A place we always come back to and are never disappointed.”
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

My husband loves the surf and turf sandwich and I love the Mediterranean salad. We make this one of our stops while in LBI. Food is good, service is good, the price is affordable.

Palm Harbor
“Kinda Disapointed”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I have wanted to try this place since it opened, went this morning with my loved one and had breakfast. The place wasn't crowded and we got very good service. The menu had some very interesting sounding items, I made my pick and I was looking forward to a great breakfast. My loved one had a combo plate of pancakes, french toast and breakfast meats and I had the Mediterranean omlette which was one of the specials. We both agreed that our breakfasts were just OK, nothing special. Considering that 2 coffees, 2 OJ's and 2 breakfast plates came to $35+ I was kinda disapointed. Lots of places on the Island where you can have a better breakfast for less money so I probably won't be coming back or trying them for lunch or dinner. They seem to be dedicated to mediocrity here just like many pf the other restaurants on this Island.