Buccaneer Motel
Spray Beach Hotel(Beach Haven)
$307
Mariner Inn(Beach Haven)(Great Value!)
$252
Sea Spray Motel(Beach Haven)(Great Value!)
$282
  • Pool
Windward at the Beach(Beach Haven)(Great Value!)
$425
Priceline
Daddy O Hotel(Long Beach Township)(Great Value!)
$349
Orbitz.com
Drifting Sands(Ship Bottom)(Great Value!)
$329
$271
$182
La Sammana Resort(Brigantine)(Great Value!)
$229
CheapTickets
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdeluxe roomhave stayed here many timeswet baracross the streethousekeeping staffmemorial day weekendpicnic tablesthe location is perfectbagelsdocksidebaymontlbioceanmicrowavesummerssinkcleanliness
Reviewed July 9, 2013

great location. Right across the street from the bagel store.
Pool is lovely along with the view of the bay.
Rooms are OLD.....you feel like you are in an episode of "my name is earl".
Decor is tired.
If you are looking just for a place to sleep, this is adequate.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed two nights early in the season at the Buccaneer, in a standard room which fronted on the parking lot. It was adequate although both the room and the bathroom were very outdated and old. The people at the front desk were pleasant. I didn't use the outdoor pool, but it looked OK. Ice from the ice machine was 25 cents. They have some picnic tables and benches on the rear, bay side of the building. They have beach badges to lend guests with a charge card imprint. I was told there was no reduction in room rate even though it was only one person. Rate was almost the least expensive that I found on the island, but I don't know if I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The carpets were fltthy, stains on the bedspreads, hairs on th pillows. Gross. Also suggest you lift the mattress. Don't know what kind of bugs were there but didn't stick around long enough to find out.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Garret R
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I normally do not write reviews, but I had to after my recent trip here this weekend. What a terrible experience at a great place such as LBI! My family has a home 2 blocks away from this motel and my boyfriend and I figured it would be nice to have some space from them and the many friends that were staying for the weekend. There are many times we have an abundance of guests in the house, and the overflow stays in a hotel (normally the Spray Beach Inn.) Anyway, we chose The Buccaneer because of the cost/location, and they had a 2 night minimum (most hotels were 3 nights for this particular weekend.) Checked in with the front desk, the man was not terrible, but in no way was he welcoming-so far, so good. Entered our room, the stench was horrible. Read the other reviews before going, figured it couldn't be so bad--well, it was! Luckily our home a couple blocks over had febreeze, but this still did not help, just eased my mind a bit. So our first night was okay. Saturday morning, I receive a phone call from the lady at the front desk (Joan) asking me how many people are staying in my room and if the owner finds out there are more than two of us, we will be "evicted with no warning, and no refund." Well, that did not go over well, because for the amount of money I was paying for this VERY low end room ($198/night including tax,) I was not going to be accused of anything and spoken to like this. What happened was, since my family lives close, as I said before, they had come to visit to check the place out. They have owned the home for over 10 years now and figured they'd like to see it for future guests that may be in need of a hotel. I can tell you now, no one will be suggesting this place to any of our future visitors!!! Now back to Joan--I went to go speak to this rude woman in person and she obviously realized she was wrong and decided to shake my hand and apologize. I could still hear the bitterness in her voice, so her half a** apology didn't change the way I felt about this place. THEN--we specifically made it clear that we did not need maid service. We went to the beach for the day, came back later to find that one bed was made? Funny, seems like Joan wanted to snoop a bit to see if we had more than 2 guests staying and had a maid make the bed and tidy up a bit so if for some reason we found out they came in our room, they could say they were just doing the normal housekeeping routine. So much more to go on about--but these were the main low points of our stay. Point is, stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank kdh84
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We found this hotel thru the website, and it looked nice on thier website,..me and my husband went there with our three children, and BOY WERE WE DISSAPOINTED....THE PLACE IS FILTHY...in the room the coffee pot had old coffe in it and splashed all on the burner and base, there was a nasty ring around the tub, and a hair in the tub...the pool has a white border around it...well its BLACK,,,it is actually filthy...with like black scum on it....there were cigaarrette butts floating in the pool...and you dont even get maid service unless you specifically ask for it.... the management is horrible too the man in charge in the office was rude, and nasty to me and i heard other people complaining about him too....

YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO CLEAN AND SCRUB YOUR ROOM JUST TO BE ABLE TO STAY IN IT.... WOULD NOT EVEN LET MY DOGS STAY HERE...HORRIBLE...!!!!!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms ....
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family