“Saved by St. Rita” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St. Rita Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beach Haven
St. Rita Hotel
You added St. Rita Hotel to your Saves list
Ranked #8 of 10 Beach Haven B&B and Inns
Rumson
“Saved by St. Rita”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My Sweet and I went on a last minute road trip to long beach island. We drove to Amber Ave. where we had stayed before and parked. Spent the day at the beach and decided to stay overnight and continue our wonderful outing. We walked by the St. Rita and saw the owner Marie watering her garden. The place looked very neet and well maintained. It is a very nice 1800's house. She may put you off at first but dealing with the public for fifty years I am sure she has seen it all and it must get old. She saved out skins and had a room for us. We chatted for almost twenty minutes before getting our keys and heading to our room. She is a blast!! She is very informative about her house....as she lives there full time and works pretty much seven days a week. If you are looking for princess treatment look elsewhere. It is my job to treat my Sweet like a Princess...and should be yours too..guys and dolls alike.....not the BB managers...... : ) We stayed and had a wonderful evening walk..........a fantastic dinner in town followed by some dancing. It does not get much better than this in LBI.......or anywhere for that matter. Take the love of your life there......take it all in........sleep soundly in the comfort provided by our St. Ritas. I love you Ocean. OXO The Moon

Room Tip: Take any room and enjoy your stay.....it is not the accomodations that make the trip.....it is the c...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Enchanted16

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bel Air
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I am astonished at the level of unprofessionalism displayed. I made a reservation for a room two months agoprior to my stay. Unfortunately I had double booked two weddings, so we were no longer in need of a room. I called to cancel my reservation and spoke with who I am assuming is the innkeep of the establishment and was met with the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life. When I first called to cancel, she said she would cancel the reservation, then hung up before I could ask a simple question. I was simply wondering if my credit card would be charged a cancellation fee and what credit card I had provided. Since my question was not answered, I called back at a later time to try again. The innkeep answered the phone, when I stated that I had just called and canceled a reservation, she bluntly responded, "I canceled your reservation" and hung up. Again, still not getting my question answered I called back again. The phone was immediately hung up. This happened two times in a row. On my third attempt, the innkeep finally answered. Before I could even ask my simple question, she threatened me with calling law enforcement for harrassment.

I'm not sure how things are typically done at St. Rita's Hotel, but I've never before been treated so poorly by an establishment. Hanging up on customers is bad enough, it is rude and uncivilized... but then threatening them is outright disgusting. My stomach is sick thinking of how terribly they would treat not only a customer, but a person in general. I was never anything but friendly and amiable on the phone, and only had one question I was hoping to get answered, and I was threatened in return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Amber_F_12BelAir

Travelers are raving about these Beach Haven hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

St. Rita's Hotel in Beach Haven was a last minute option during the 2nd week of August after finding out everything else in the area was fully booked. This is a guest house, not a B&B. I had room #1. Simple room, clean, new AC, full Bathroom, refrig, tube TV w/ cable & internet access. I think we were the only one's staying in the house at the time b/c it was very quiet. Didn't see any other guests. It's an older house built in the 19th century, but again, clean and maintained well. Only complaint about the room was the bed... very firm. If you like firm you'll love the bed!! Great location and Marie and Rick are pleasant.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank NOBSadvice
Somers, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

I have been staying at the St. Rita for many years. Whether I plan my trip well in advance or decide on a last minute escape to the beach, I am always welcomed with a smile and feel comfortable and safe at the St. Rita. The owner is charming and full of life with a laugh that is contagious!

The hotel is conveniently located a half block from the beach and a block from the Boulevard with restaurants, shops and a supermarket all within easy walking distance. The Surflight Theater and ice cream shop are only steps away.

Unlike the larger motels, the St. Rita offers a quiet respite for a relaxing stay at the beach. And, the front porch and side yard are perfect for relaxing before or after a day in the sun.

I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in LBI and have been coming to the St. Rita for more than 20 years. If you are looking for a clean, safe, relaxing place, the St. Rita is where you should stay!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank denisegee
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

The St. Rita is a charming hotel. It has an atmosphere of old-world charm with an intriguing history, all balanced with modern conveniences.
They offer WIFI which made it possible for me to handle some urgent business, in a very relaxing environment.
The front porch is great place to relax and unwind. There is also a side yard, but I never leave the porch, except to walk to town, go to the beach, or sleep :)
The rooms are well kept and comfortable with TV, refrigerator, and a/c.
It is conveniently located, a short walk to the beach as well as to restaurants and a supermarket.
The innkeeper is always welcoming and accommodating.
This is my 9th year at the St. Rita and I'm looking forward to my 10th :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank ilovechowda
Flourtown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

From the first second the inn keeper profiled and judged us. After walking down the stairs I was snapped at. When I. Asked about wi fi she ignored me and when I asked again later she insulted my intelligence and called me names. When I went back to get my sunglasses she threatend too call the police. Truley mediocre rooms and a horrible experience never have I been so furious. Mean to everybody the lady should be sued.

• Stayed August 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars
7 Thank moneyman33
Ottsville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

My husband and I rented this hotel when we came to LBI for 1 night. First, it was $250 for a night, and the room was just a bed and a TV. We had our two friends stop in the room for about 1/2 hour, as we were getting ready to go out for the night. We were not being rude or loud at all. About an hour after checking into the hotel, we were already told to leave. She was SCREAMING at us that we were being loud and that she was going to call the police on us. We tried to reason with her and tell her that we're sorry if we were loud and that we are leaving for the night. She WOULD NOT reason with us AT ALL and insisted on calling the police. We even told her we did not want a refund, and that we would just leave, but she didn't want to hear any of it. So, we pretty much had to leave and ended up sleeping in our car that night.

I would NEVER EVER recommend this place to ANYONE! The lady was the rudest person I've ever met.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Sea Horse Motel
Sea Horse Motel
#1 of 1 in Long Beach Township
4.0 of 5 stars 53 reviews

Been to St. Rita Hotel? Share your experiences!