New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of St. Rita Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beach Haven
St. Rita Hotel
You added St. Rita Hotel to your Saves list
Ranked #9 of 10 Beach Haven B&B and Inns
Somers, New York
“Perfectly charming!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

I have been staying at the St. Rita for many years. Whether I plan my trip well in advance or decide on a last minute escape to the beach, I am always welcomed with a smile and feel comfortable and safe at the St. Rita. The owner is charming and full of life with a laugh that is contagious!

The hotel is conveniently located a half block from the beach and a block from the Boulevard with restaurants, shops and a supermarket all within easy walking distance. The Surflight Theater and ice cream shop are only steps away.

Unlike the larger motels, the St. Rita offers a quiet respite for a relaxing stay at the beach. And, the front porch and side yard are perfect for relaxing before or after a day in the sun.

I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in LBI and have been coming to the St. Rita for more than 20 years. If you are looking for a clean, safe, relaxing place, the St. Rita is where you should stay!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank denisegee

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

The St. Rita is a charming hotel. It has an atmosphere of old-world charm with an intriguing history, all balanced with modern conveniences.
They offer WIFI which made it possible for me to handle some urgent business, in a very relaxing environment.
The front porch is great place to relax and unwind. There is also a side yard, but I never leave the porch, except to walk to town, go to the beach, or sleep :)
The rooms are well kept and comfortable with TV, refrigerator, and a/c.
It is conveniently located, a short walk to the beach as well as to restaurants and a supermarket.
The innkeeper is always welcoming and accommodating.
This is my 9th year at the St. Rita and I'm looking forward to my 10th :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank ilovechowda
Flourtown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

From the first second the inn keeper profiled and judged us. After walking down the stairs I was snapped at. When I. Asked about wi fi she ignored me and when I asked again later she insulted my intelligence and called me names. When I went back to get my sunglasses she threatend too call the police. Truley mediocre rooms and a horrible experience never have I been so furious. Mean to everybody the lady should be sued.

• Stayed August 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
7 Thank moneyman33

Travelers are raving about these Beach Haven hotels

Ottsville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

My husband and I rented this hotel when we came to LBI for 1 night. First, it was $250 for a night, and the room was just a bed and a TV. We had our two friends stop in the room for about 1/2 hour, as we were getting ready to go out for the night. We were not being rude or loud at all. About an hour after checking into the hotel, we were already told to leave. She was SCREAMING at us that we were being loud and that she was going to call the police on us. We tried to reason with her and tell her that we're sorry if we were loud and that we are leaving for the night. She WOULD NOT reason with us AT ALL and insisted on calling the police. We even told her we did not want a refund, and that we would just leave, but she didn't want to hear any of it. So, we pretty much had to leave and ended up sleeping in our car that night.

I would NEVER EVER recommend this place to ANYONE! The lady was the rudest person I've ever met.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
10 Thank lam1986
New Hope, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We came to Beach Haven and were treated like family here by the owner who made every attempt to facilitate our stay. It is a charming place to stay, clean and comfortable and a far cry from the seedy places one sometimes finds when one is unfamiliar with a vacation spot.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank GFMNewHope_PA
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

Long Beach Island is known fo it's quaint bed and breakfasts. At first sight St. RITA'S Hotel in Beach Haven would seem to fit nicely into this category with it's Victorian facade. But that is where the similiarity ends. We should have suspected the worst when the owner grudgingly took our reservations.
We arrived about 20 minutes after check-in time to find the front door locked. The doorbell did not get a response, nor did our rapping. We were at it for quite some time before a neighbor appeared and shook his head as he wished us luck.
After twenty minutes the owner appeared at the door, annoyed that we were trying to gain entrance. She informed us that she had purposely turned off the doorbell so as not to be disturbed.
With scowling face, she handed us a room key. The room was bare and uninviting. On this day, when the temperature exceeded 100*, we found the blinds open to the glaring sunlight and the air conditioning off. We quickly excaped to visit the town.
Returning we found the bed was missing it's top sheet. Again no one could be summoned to request a second sheet.
We never saw or heard other guests and had but one meeting with the innkeeper. The next morning, all was still as a morgue. Our experience should be warning to those who like their B&B's to offer their guests an atmosphere of hospitlity. If you are looking for the Bates Motel, you will find it at the St. Rita's.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Sea Horse Motel
Sea Horse Motel
#1 of 1 in Long Beach Township
4.0 of 5 stars 54 reviews

Been to St. Rita Hotel? Share your experiences!