I grew up in North Jersey and my family, as well as many of my childhood friends, are scattered throughout the state. Typically when we visit, we stay with family "inland" and always plan a visit to the shore as I go thru "ocean withdrawals" if I don't see it/smell it/hear it every few months. This past visit (mid-May) we decided to stay at the Spray Beach Inn instead. It was amazing! Absolutely perfect! We stayed in a 3rd floor oceanfront room and the views were breathtaking! As it was "off season".. there was no traffic at all and we were able to get to the mainland in under 10 minutes -so visiting family/friends was no problem at all. The rates were reasonable and the view definitely satisfied my withdrawals! You are so close to the water that even with windows closed you could still hear the sound of the ocean! My only complaint is that during off season, the restaurant is not open. Because the hotel is not located within walking distance to any eating establishments - it made grabbing a quick breakfast or a burger for dinner an "excursion". It would have been nice to have the choice of eating at the hotel instead of getting the car and driving somewhere every time you wanted to grab a bite - which is the reason for the overall rating of 4 vs. 5. I would also like to mention that this hotel was not my first choice. I originally wanted to stay at an oceanfront hotel in Ship Bottom that had private balconies, however, when I spoke with the girl in reservations and asked about any package or discounts for staying 5+ nights off season - she told me the owner would need to get back to me - and that person never did! Meanwhile "Erica" in reservations at the Spray Beach Inn was very happy to not only answer all my questions - but assure me that although they don't have private balconies, etc... that I would not be disappointed. I reserved with Spray Beach due to the outstanding customer service I received from Erica. During our 5 day stay in May, my husband and I visited the "other hotel" and asked if we could get a tour of the room. While the room was much more spacious and more modern - the view was not nearly as breathtaking! The hotel is set further back from the water with grassy dunes separating you from the ocean - so we definitely made the better choice! We are planning a 4 night stay for end of September and plan to make this our permanent "home away from home" when visiting family in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You can't get much closer to the ocean than this! All of our guestrooms have standard amenities including mini-fridge, microwave, hair dryer, coffee maker, iron and board, in-room safe, air conditioning and ceiling fan, free internet, and beach badges provided to all guests with a refundable deposit.Enjoy the breathtaking view from your ocean-front room, or laze around the new pool and Jacuzzi under the rustle of palm leaves. Enjoy your favorite tropical frozen drink at our Beach Hut Bar just steps to the ocean.Our full service restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, and offers indoor or outdoor seating. Enjoy Happy Hour at our inside Lounge or make new friends at the outside bar just steps to the ocean! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Spray Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spray Beach Hotel Beach Haven
- Spray Beach Hotel Long Beach Island, NJ - Beach Haven