“Honest and wonderful”
Review of Mariner Inn

Mariner Inn
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Beach Haven
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed at the Mariner Inn this past weekend and I just wanted to write this quick review on this establishment. Donna and Dolores were lovely and very accommodating. I left my iPod in my room and a couple hours after I checked out I received a phone call from the Mariner informing me that I had left it. It was mailed back to me the same day.

Thank you again to the Mariner staff!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Melissa T
There are newer reviews for Mariner Inn

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Great facility, clean and professionally run. Staff was friendly and professional at all times. Great location and a great value. Sometimes its great to run across a place like the Mariner Inn to remind you that not all privately run budget facilities are shady. I would highly recommend the Mariner and we will be staying again for sure.

Only complaint, is that beds were a little hard and tough to sleep on ... other than that it will be difficult for you to not be impressed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Frankc1967
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Judging by the college kid in a backwards ballcap who walked into a pole in the parking lot, nearly dumping his six pack, this motel clearly has a partying crowd. Fortunately, we were there just for one night on a Sunday, slightly before the season kicked in, so we didn't have to worry about having our sleep interrupted. Not that we would have heard much of it, since we had a street-facing room. Too cool for AC, we opened the sliding door, but the street noise drowned out the TV, so we had to blast it a little bit...sorry if you were next door! The accommodations were not much to write home about--about what you'd expect from an older motel on the Jersey shore, a little worn, but very clean and tidy. Nearby there's a decent liquor store and clam bar, and across the street a very nice restaurant. A short two blocks away is the beach. Just be sure your GPS doesn't take you the other Mariner Hotel way at the other end of Long Beach Island, as ours insisted on doing. Turn right and go south!

Room Tip: Try not to book a street-facing room. Even with a low speed limit (which you'd better take serio...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for three nights over Memorial Day Weekend. We booked pretty last minute and were happy to find a gem at such a good price! The hotel is about a 5 minute walk to the beach, very close to restaurants/bars, and wawa. It was very clean and served it's purpose (hey we didn't go to the beach to stay in our room). My only complaint would be that the bed was pretty much like sleeping on the floor, but that certainly wasn't enough to ruin our trip. Also, we went out late one night and couldn't find a parking spot when we returned. The boy at the front desk told us we could park in another lot as long as there wasn't a sign. Thankfully our car was not towed when we woke up! Needless to say, I'd recommend renting bikes or only going places within walking distance. We never went to the pool (it closed pretty early), but they do have one and we were told it's heated. We visited the sister property (Spray Beach Inn) a few blocks away several times because it has a restaurant/bar on the beach. Overall I'd definitely recommend this place, and I'd happliy return.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luvlacandi
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Everything on the Jersey Shore is ridiculously expensive. They have a fantastic beach; they know it; you know it; and if you want to be there, you pay for it. By these standards, the Mariner is - if not exactly a bargain - a more than decent find. The efficiency rooms are clean and sufficiently spacious for a family and have the conveniences (fridge, microwave, stovetop) that make managing vacation life much easier. The pool is fine (though as noted, it closes relatively early), but it is after all the beach you are there for. That is a short walk, without having to cross any major roads; and providing beach tags is a nice amenity. And, nearby there is a liquor store, a convenience store, and good pizza. All at a price that is not exactly low, but not bad for the area and gets you back to that beach!

One quick note: Google maps will bring you to the wrong place, I'm not sure why. Keep going south on LBI past where it tells you, past the IGA - it's just past the Wawa, on the same side (left).

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank CanariesPA
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Clean, Friendly
Comfortable rooms
Reasonably priced for the summer season
Very nice area
Decent pool
3 blocks from the beach (a 5 min walk) - I thats important, pay more for their sister hotel the Spray Beach Inn - its right on the beach

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank SteveMNyc
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Booked this based on online reviews. Rooms were recently updated and pretty modern. As another reviewer said, the motel doesn't look like much on the outside, but the rooms are nicely done and had most conveniences you could think of on a beach vacation: safe, hair dryer, fridge, microwave, iron, etc. Pool was a perfect size for our two young kids and although it did close early (7 or so), we decided to swim before dinner, so it worked out OK. Overall, expensive -- like everything else on LBI! -- but worth it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
#9 of 12 in Beach Haven
Sea Horse Motel
Sea Horse Motel
#1 of 1 in Long Beach Township

Been to Mariner Inn? Share your experiences!