“Enjoyed our stay at the Sea Shell” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Shell Resort and Beach Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sea Shell Resort and Beach Club
You added Sea Shell Resort and Beach Club to your Saves list
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Beach Haven
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Enjoyed our stay at the Sea Shell”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Sea Shell last summer. Right on the beach and close to restaurants. This is a very lively beach resort. They have tiki bar parties, a night club on Saturday nights, outdoor bars etc. There's usually live music by the pool. We liked hanging out by the lime green Adirondack chairs next to the beach.
We booked a "suite" that was over $500 but was tiny and had no ocean view. I wouldn't book that room again. Also, the pool is small for the amount of people that stay at the resort.
Can't say much about service, I don't think it was great. Other than that, it's a nice little resort with island ambiance and we would definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

My Daughter and 2 grandsons had a mini vacation here at Sea Schell Resort in Beach Haven, NJ. We loved it. Room was clean and nice wicker furniture. Right on the beach with ocean front rooms. Pool was clean and safe for the family. Close to shopping, good restaurants and family fun. We had a off season price $179.00 great for the area. Will return.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Hi Sea Shell! Jamie Ettinger (Susco) here! I wanted to thank you for a great time and a very nice, accommodating experience. It's weird coming back to a place that was always known as my home. I know my father would say the same. At most places we once knew, it's very awkward to visit, but at the Shell, that is never the case. We truly love it there and it's one place we consistently say we miss the most. Your family is genuinely kind and caring. Those characteristics overflow into your well kept rooms and inviting restaurant/tiki bar. We hope to see everyone again soon! We had a great stay there!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Jamie E
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I went to the sea shell tiki bar after spending a few hours at the beach and I love it there! The drinks are a bit pricey but are delicious and thankfully, they are not cheap with the alcohol. I also had the fried calamari which is so good. Next visit at LBI I will be staying at the sea shell! Looks like a ton of fun so I can't wait!

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
      Rooms
piscataway, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I went to the Saturday afternoon pool party and we found it perfect. Nice views with Palm trees and all and we both had great fish tacos. We'd go back in a heartbeat! There were diverse types of people from age differences to couples to families to singles and we felt comfortable there.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank gettingmarriedat41
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Was having a good time, got a couple drinks it was my 21st birthday celebration. The first bartender Bill was amazing! Then they switched out about an hour later...( bartender was also late for shift) and we got a new bartender named "Willie". We were in a great mood, enjoying the drinks and the food was pretty good too. But Willie acted like he was annoyed with us. One time he told me to say please to my order and just walked away. We also heard him say he was getting sick of us to another worker. Think it's time for Sea Shell to free Willie and reevaluate customer service. Finished night out at Nardi's and had a blast.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
9 Thank Jenna M
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I was there just yesterday bar was packed waitress was RUDE!! if fact I am a writer for New York Magazine Restaurant Section… My food was uncooked and there was a BUG in my Salad!!

That said Waitress could care less, she did not even get a manger!!! I would have at best expected to be accommodated or Something!!!

NEVER EAT HERE Cindy

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
12 Thank cindy s
TJH1957, Owner at Sea Shell Resort and Beach Club, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
We just received your review this morning. I apologize if your experience was less that perfect. We pride ourselves of great food and excellent service. I cannot directly respond to your concerns because none of our staff has any recollection of you complaint. If we had, it would have been rectified immediately. Yes we were very busy for the 4th of July weekend. That is of course no excuse for poor service. Regarding our food, we operate at a very high level for food service. Every dish that leaves our kitchen is inspected for excellence by two different kitchen support staff. Therefore is in unimaginable that something was uncooked, that is just not going to happen. Being that we are oceanfront and outside, perhaps a bug could have flown into your dish while being transported to you. Again, we are sorry and sure that if you return you will have an excellent experience. My name is Tom Hughes, the owner of the Sea Shell and that is my promise to you and all our customers. Ask for me when you return and I will personally make sure you are happy.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beach Haven
Windward at the Beach
Windward at the Beach
#4 of 10 in Beach Haven
4.5 of 5 stars 57 reviews

Been to Sea Shell Resort and Beach Club? Share your experiences!