“AMAZING!”
Review of Skipper Dipper

Skipper Dipper
Ranked #1 of 10 Dessert in Beach Haven
Dining options: Late Night
Description: A Long Beach Island tradition since 1978, we serve a wide array of hard and soft ice cream, old fashioned shakes and sundaes and make our popular ice cream cakes fresh in the store daily.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We loved Skipper Dipper so much we came here 3 times during the week we stayed in LBI! A definite MUST!! Also... even though the line might look long, the employees take orders for people on line, so it goes very quickly. Don't miss it!

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

LOTS of ice cream places to chose from on LBI but Skipper Dipper is the "ole reliable" I the bunch. Always busy busy plenty of staff to help you out. Good variety of flavors and always fresh and creamy! Yum!!!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I've been visiting LBI every summer since I was born & my parents began visiting 20 years before that. Skipper Dipper opened in 1978 but since I was old enough to eat ice cream we've been frequenting Skipper Dipper. As the crowds have grown over the years, Skipper Dipper has tailored their service to meet demands. The Dippers will come out to you in the line to take your order, keeping the line moving even though it stretches out the door. The prices are on par with what you'd find at ice ream parlors across the island, but Skipper Dipper offers a rewards program (buy 10, get the 11th free). I've never had a flavor of ice cream there that I didn't like, and their soft-serve is creamier than most. My visits to the island are never complete unless I've had my Skipper Dipper!

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

The line is out the door, but well worth the wait. Fast friendly staff dishes out excellent ice cream. Prices are very fair especially for the shore. We will be back!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We've been coming to LBI for years and since it opened one of our stops was Skipper Dipper.

This year was no exception except that our family has grown and when we go anywhere its a crowd.

Ther's always a line but no matter how long there's never much of a wait a huge benefit when you have grandchildren anxious for their ice cream.

Next year when we return it will be with an even larger crew, and I can hardly wait.