“yummy flavors, great service”
Review of Skipper Dipper

Skipper Dipper
Ranked #1 of 10 Dessert in Beach Haven
Dining options: Late Night
Description: A Long Beach Island tradition since 1978, we serve a wide array of hard and soft ice cream, old fashioned shakes and sundaes and make our popular ice cream cakes fresh in the store daily.
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Another LBI summer vacation with yummy ice cream from Skipper Dipper! Flavors change night-to-night but I was HAPPY to get Maine blueberry! You can try a flavor or so before buying a whole cone full. The service this year was excellent! Enjoy!!!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I have grown up with summers spent on LBI, and this is a staple to every trip down there. The service is always top notch, pleasant kind employees. The ice cream is delicious and it does not break the bank! I will continue going back and giving Skipper Dipper my exclusive LBI ice cream business!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Place is always packed, but it's worth the wait and the owners have figured out how to minimize the time you spend in line. They've done an amazing job updating a family-owned business and bringing in new ideas, flavors and treats. A MUST VISIT, if you're on LBI.

1  Thank fishfry45
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Any flavor you could dream up, they will make it soft serve! Don't believe me? Then just go! We went almost every night we were in LBI. Mango, Black Raspberry and Black Cherry were so good! The kids loved Cotton Candy and Tutti Frutti. And I am not sure why, but I am lactose intolerant, and I did not have any trouble eating this ice cream! Wish there were other Skipper Dippers in other shore towns.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Skipper Dipper was by far the most delish ice cream we had on LBI (and this is from a family of fanatics). In addition to the classics, we found tempting flavors like pumpkin, carmel salt and banana foster. It also serves soft ice cream and fair assortment of ices and sherbets. Skipper's has an amazing dark chocolate hot fudge, so I highly recommend a sundae with that. Portions are extremely generous. The store has ample in and out door seating and was incredibly clean. It would be a sin to miss this shop on LBI!

1  Thank Katie S