“Loud”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bayville
Cedar Creek Campground
Reviewed July 8, 2013

So, I can't give much of a review... This is the first time I camped and really didn't use the campground except for sleeping. But, therein lied my problem. Either the quiet hours go to 2 a.m., or there's just no enforcement of the quiet hours. We were there for 4 nights, of which I only slept the last night - the people making all the noise behind us must've been tired that night. We have friends who live in Bayville and spent all our waking hours at their house, so I can't tell you about the pool, etc. We were, however, greeted with smiles and the people in the campstore were very helpful. When you pull in and leave, the staff has a wave and a nice thing to say. My other big complaint is the size of these lots. I don't have a big unit at all, but we couldn't pull all the way through our "pull through" site. We pulled in ok, but when it was time to leave, we had to back out ~ after ripping our awning. If we moved over 2 inches to the other side, we would've scratched that side of the trailer. Not good and I was sick to my stomach over it. Definitely needs some tree trimming!! We saw another guy almost wreck his unit on a tree stump.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank zinful71

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

This campground is not as advertised. The sites are not large enough for a big rig. We were barely off the road when we backed into our site.
The sites for large rigs is basically an open field with dusty gravel roads. Every car that goes by throws a cloud of dust over your rig and car.
Sites are not level and are generally unappealing. Go elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank PrimeTimeV
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Since I did my first camping trip last weekend and not much is open we chose to stay close to home we camp in a camper no tent so there fore we fit right in! Had a great time management was very nice . The store has a good variety of food and other items that u may need. We have booked a week in July so I'll report back to u once everything is open and give u my input!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank lynfoulks
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We heard about this place from a friend who has a site for the season and a boat in the bay down the road. The kayaking is through a state park. There are plenty of obstacles like fallen trees but easily delt with adding to the adventure. Being a natural area the driver told us they are not allowed to remove the trees which someone else said the same thing. If you are new to kayaking you will struggle a little at first but will get the hang of it after an hour. The campground is kept really nice and all three days we saw guy's out cleaning sites fixing stuff. A kid camping there thrown a can into the woods and right after the nice guy driving the canoe van stopped and picked it up.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Joe S
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We were told this campground was nice and since we wanted to head to the shore for Labor Day weekend and do it affordably. That is the best we have to say about this campground. The bathrooms at NY state run campgrounds (even older ones) are cleaner than these were. Sites were small and not level enough. Navigating the campgrounds was difficult as signage was very poor. Bathroom toilets did not flush properly. You were told to leave your garbage at the end of your tent site.....great idea with animals roaming around ...not! RV's were crammed together like a parking lot. Our last night there, they did not care about the observation of quiet time after 10pm. Thankfully we had two full days at the beach and only came back in the evening. We will NEVER return here.

• Stayed: September 2011
4  Thank Sndny5657
Reviewed August 5, 2011

This campground takes deposits over the phone using a credit card. I put down a deposit on three tent sites and paid in full for 3 canoe rentals because they only accepted full payment for a reservation. The total deposit on the card was $291 with additional balance due at check in. Never was a cancellation policy mentioned. I asked what would happen if it rained for our canoe trip. They said that you can reschedule.
After booking, I received the brochure and receipt in the mail and noted that you can not cancel the tent sites in less than 10 days or their is no refund.
Turns out one of our parties had a family emergency and we had to cancel in less than the 10 days. When I called about getting a refund on any of it including the canoes, I was told no. In fact, I could not even reschedule the canoes. That alone cost $172.50! I asked why I wasn't told about this policy and was told it was in the brochure they mailed out. So I looked through it all and in very small fine print it was located on the back of one of many brochures.
I can't understand why on earth a deposit on three canoes can not be refunded or rescheduled. In my opinion, this campground is very shady and makes their money off of ripping people off. That's $291 down the drain. :(

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
10  Thank tecknik
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed here last weekend with 2 other families rented 3 tent sites. We checked in at the office and was told our site was located directly across from the office. We turned around and looked out the office window. There was our site, a little patch of grass surrounded by RVs and campers. Directly across from our "campsite" was the playground, basketball court and swimming pool. This is hardly what I imagined for our childrens first camping experience. I could have pitched a tent in my backyard!!! We asked to have our site moved and the staff was happy to accomodate us. We followed a hand drawn map and it took us 5 times around the campground before we could find our site. The site was ok. We were however, surrounded by RVs and the constant smell of sewerage. After setting up camp in 100 degree weather we noticed we couldnt plug anything into the electrical outlet. I drove to the office and asked why the electric wouldnt work. I was told I needed to get an adapter. I could buy one for $20 or give a $5 deposit to borrow one of the campsites. I gave them my debit card and they told me the deposits were cash only. I didnt have any cash on me and was forced to look in my car for $5 in change!! Im not sure why I wasnt told about this adapter when I checked in 2 hours prior. The bathhouse was old and outdated. One by one throughout the day each stall was running out of toilet paper. By the 3rd day there wasn't any toilet paper in the bathhouse. It was very obvious that no one had tended to it all weekend. There was trash all over the floor and it smelled of urine. We were told the pool closed at 10pm by the office staff. After a long evening of set up and 100 degree weather we dressed all 6 of the kids and headed to the pool at 8:05pm only to find out it closed at 8pm. The girl at the desk gave us the wrong times. We decided to play basketball instead. We went to the office and asked for a basketball. This also required a $5 deposit!!!!!! Now dressed in swimming attire we had to walk back to the campsite for $5. The pool was big and very clean. The only issue is the pool doesnt have a low side for kids. The pool goes from 5ft to 13ft. We didnt bring swimmies for the older kids, but were forced to buy them when we saw the depth of the pool. All in all this was a glorified trailer park. It didnt have the feel of camping in the woods. Especially if you are given a site near the office. I definitely would not stay here again!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank firegirl40

Been to Cedar Creek Campground? Share your experiences!