“Can't wait to go again.”
Review of Acme Draft House

Acme Draft House
Ranked #5 of 49 Restaurants in Bayville
Cuisines: American
Toms River, New Jersey, United States
“Can't wait to go again.”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Went there with a friend, well was i shocked when the seafood crepes came out!!! They were so good had to go bad quickly! I would advise every one to try this place, also kid friendly. Every day theres a special. ENJOY

• Visited January 2013

“Best seafood bisque EVER!!!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Finally! We need more decent places close to home! We have nothing but fast food in this town!!! More restaurants with real food are needed like Acme!!!

Toms River, New Jersey
“Never judge a book by it's cover”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I didn't know what to expect from Acme Draft House the first time we went, it's located in a strip mall next to Shop Rite in Bayville, NJ but it was an unexpected pleasure. I've been back two more times since and will be back again for sure. Completely redone inside and very clean. The food and wait staff have been excellent. Prices are reasonable and a good value. I love the Cuban Pork Sandwich and burgers. I always get the homemade chips, those are great. The name Draft House can only refer to one thing, draft beer. They have a nice selection, a mixture of standard domestic, imports and some craft brews, I'd like to see more on the craft side but I'm not knocking this place since people like all kinds of beer and you need to sell it. If you like beer I think you'll find something on tap you like. I tried the Kane Head High and now it's one of my favorite brews. No matter what this place is worth a stop and I'll definitely be back.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank jimibananas
Bayville NJ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A tease when it comes to quality beers.”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

The draft house is a very nice set up first off. The bartender is great. The beer selection is lacking though. Good bottled beer from the left hand brewery in Colorado. But other than that, you can go to any beer store and find these beers such as river horse and dogfish head. As for the tapped beers, very unimpressive. White trash beers take up the taps and leave very few for quality craft beer. If you going to call yourself "the draft house" then you should have more better beers on draft. Other than that the place is great.

1 Thank jdaniele13
Southwest Gulf Coast, Florida
“A big improvement.”
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Acme Draft House is located in the ShopRite shopping center in Bayville. The former home of “Friendly’s Bar and Grill” which was here when I moved here in 1980.This place has gone through several changes in the past. Throughout the years, the bar has pretty much stayed the same (Working class bar.) But the restaurant has gone through several changes. Originally you could get a slice of pizza from the Pizza parlor next door through a hole in the wall. Then two guys opened the restaurant portion and started serving some of the best food in town. They went missing 10 years ago. In the past 8 years or so, the restaurant has changed hands several times. Usually new tablecloths and a new menu, and they folded up after what seems to be a short run. The food: not so good.
This time, it was different. They redid the entire restaurant and bar. Everything is brand spanking new. (I assume new owners as well) It is now one place rather than being two separate entities that shared space. A lot more upscale from the past business. I would compare it to an Applebee’s… I have been there twice with my wife since they have opened. Both times we have sat at the bar and had drinks and dinner. They serve ICE COLD BEER. What else can I say. The food was good. The only issue I had was that all the specials including the appetizers the last time I was there were all seafood related. I don’t like seafood. There is plenty of non seafood on the menu, but I feel slighted whenever something is exclusively seafood. The sandwiches are served with “chips” (Homemade potato chips served hot) rather than French fries, but you can get French fries if you ask. The Hamburgers are thick and good.
I liked this place.