“Where's the breakfast?”

Ranked #1 of 3 Bay Head B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Where's the breakfast?”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a weekend stay at this B & B. The accommodations were clean and quaint. However, I am stunned how other reviews are raving about the breakfast. We were offerred cold cereal, bagels and English Muffins. They claim a "hearty" breakfast but there was nothing hearty about it. I am quite sure the other visitors were as disappointed as we were. I would not recommend this to anyone looking for a B & B. We had to go to a diner to have a nice breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gilhamstfolks1
bentleyinn, Owner at The Bentley Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
In our struggle to recover from the damages Hurricane Sandy caused us both financially and emotionally, we were faced with the choice of raising prices to cover the high costs of our breakfast or change the breakfast. Given the economic climate and considering the prices of competing properties (which are similarly priced and don’t offer breakfast) we opted to offer a Continental breakfast with a wide variety of choices, and extend the time we serve breakfast. We offer a variety of fresh bagels, English muffins, homemade coffee cake, hot and cold cereals, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, fruit juices and unlimited coffee and tea. There are more choices with a breakfast like this and we satisfy more people. We have rebuilt after the storm but not as many people are visiting the shore so we are forced to make cut backs. We have had much support from the majority of our guests who love the inn and it’s location. It is indeed disheartening that one of our guests was so disappointed. I would have gladly paid for their breakfast at the diner had I known. Our goals are to make all guests satisfied by the time they leave us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Bentley Inn is a jewel of a B&B on the Jersey Shore. It is less than 30 seconds from the beach, it's is impeccably maintained, cleaned, and welcoming. The breakfast was hot & fresh in the morning, Glenn was a friendly and fun host, the free beach passes were appreciated (as was the easy parking).

I would absolutely stay here again, I would highly recommend this to any friends/family, and have no doubt anyone who still will enjoy themselves. The large patio/terrace was also a relaxing place to sit and read at night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Westport, Connecticut
Reviewed June 11, 2013

By all accounts the location is beautiful (across streeet from ocean). Its close to many restaurants, amenities etc.
The room was adequate and there was direct access to a wrap around balcony on second floor. Very nice. I had only two issues...the coverlet was stained, obviously so, BUT the sheets themselves were clean! Was surprised to be informed that there was no full breakfast avail, as advertised in brochure...only continental...so we went elsewhere. The bathrooms were clean although I had tough time regulating temp in one of shwrs...please note that depending on room choice you may end up sharing a bathroom. Not a big deal as other guests are respectful of same and act accordingly. Would def recommend for families with kids.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My 4th time back to the The Bentley Inn. Comfortable, clean, with plenty of places inside and out to get comfy with a good book....and quiet enough to take an afternoon nap. I always feel instantly at home here. Every morning I make a cup of tea and go across the street to the beach to watch the sun rise over the ocean. My first time back since the hurricane. Beach is clean and nice, some stores are reopening...call ahead first. Bay Head is a wonderful beach community, friendly people and great for walking. You will have no problem finding places to eat or things to do. I will be back soon!

Room Tip: Have stayed in many rooms and love them all.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My friends and I went to The Bentley Inn, the Customer Service was GREAT. Our rooms was so clean, it is REALLY, REALLY clean. My friends and I LOVED IT!

The Bentley Inn it is cute, all the decoration, it is feel like grandma's house, so good!.

The Bentley Inn provided Beach Towels for us, and even metal detectors, it was so much fun.

The lady cleaning the rooms, was working hard all the time we were there. Such a Great Place.
Parking Lot, Close to the Beach. Everything was PERFECT!

EXCELLENT - Glenn keep it up the GREAT WORK. Thanks.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have stayed at the Bentley in quite a few times. It is a quiet beach retreat in Bay Head a short block from the ocean. My most recent trip was in January and I was so glad to hear that it was open for business and survived the hurricane. Glenn the owner is always friendly and accomodating. The rates are reasonable and the rooms are clean, cozy, and comfortable with varied "beachy" decor. The wrap around porch offers a quiet place to sit and the french toast is one of my favorites. It is a real nice get-away and I always look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Lagrange, New York, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Glenn, the Innkeeper, could not have been more nice to make us feel at home. Rooms were clean and neat. Plenty of privacy. Breakfast was wonderful, with a wide selection of choices.

We would definitely come back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Pelican Point Motel
Pelican Point Motel
#1 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & ...
#11 of 16 in Point Pleasant Beach

Been to The Bentley Inn? Share your experiences!