The Grenville
Red Carpet Inn Point Pleasant(Point Pleasant Beach)
$79
Orbitz.com
Point Pleasant Manor(Point Pleasant Beach)(Great Value!)
$129
$119
Travelocity
Dunes Motel(Point Pleasant Beach)
$107
$72
RodewayInn
Driftwood Motel(Point Pleasant Beach)(Great Value!)
$135
$154
$140
  • Pool
Sand Pebble Motor Lodge(Point Pleasant Beach)(Great Value!)
$149
$129
Pelican Point Motel(Point Pleasant Beach)(Great Value!)
$130
Amethyst Beach Motel(Point Pleasant Beach)(Great Value!)
$98
  • Pool
All reviewsbeach badgeschairs and umbrellasnice staynjfireplacegeorgetteboardwalk
Reviewed July 31, 2014

my wife and booked a last minute, mid week get-a-way. I check the trip advisor, and saw not many choices for the area we wanted. this place was welcoming from the first phone call, til check-out. I asked when making the reservations about some of the things a read about on trip advisor, they answered my questions and had the right answers for me. the location is excellent for being in the town of bayhead. the beach is one short block away. the breakfast was very good
some healthy choices, as well as the normal cereals.....the rooms were small, but we had our own private bath......
the value of this is place for mid week is unbeatable, it is a place I would like to return to every year for a few days

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
grenville3100, Public Relations Manager at The Grenville, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2014

Thank you for taking your time to write your review. We are making improvements daily. We look forward to seeing you soon, have a wonderful healthy winter

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We also stayed at the Grenville through a Living Social deal. The location is great in terms of proximity to the beach. However, everything else about this stay was mediocre - thin walls, uncomfortable mattress, average food and a continental breakfast that we skipped. It could be a really good property but this place still needs a serious renovation.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ridgetraveler
grenville3100, General Manager at The Grenville, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2014

The Living Social Deal continues to be an enormous success as do our in house promotions. Half price packages that can not be beat give our future guests a chance to experience our hotel and award winning restaurant menus without spending full rate during the off season. The Grenville is 125 years old, renovated and redecorated continually to keep up to modern needs and comfort yet always keeping in mind we are a Victorian building. An elevator for 4 stories, flats screen tv and WIFI wireless are just a few of our amenities. We are just a short walk to the most relaxing clean beach. Our dedicated friendly staff continues to make our guests stay a memorable happy experience.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

im going to start by saying the entire staff was extremly wonderful & very eager to please.
i would like to give a few sugestions:
The Grenville is very large much to large for just one maintance man to properly maintain the entire property
Fire the entire cleaning staff they obviously dont share the same love for the Grenville as the rest of the staff.
have the windows cleaned very hard to enjoy an ocean view with the windows dirty.
everyone should be in uniform much easier for guest to distinguish who is an employee vs just another guest
add phones to the room to call front desk in case ones phone is dead they dont have to walk down to the desk for assistance

These are my personal opionions and not said to hurt the feelings or bad mouth your establishment i just would like to see the Grenville The way the Grenville should look

Thank you Dale for all your hard work u made my stay much more enjoyable and 4 that i thank u !
Stephanie Your awsome and your smile helps brighten up anyday your verry polite and i appreciate all your courteous help during my stay
Harry your a amazing person you were very concerned that me and my family enjoyed our stay and for that i thank u P.s my daughter thinks u scramble a mean egg lol
Rene Thank u for all your help also during my stay
And thank you for the Amazing sunday brunch hours later and me and my wife are still talking about it
Best of luck to the Grenville

Room Tip: Try the georgete Suite great view nice size room 4thfloor no noise
5  Thank mrmacedo925
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed at the Grenville with a Living Social deal. For $139.00, our room came with a $50 dinner voucher, which was a great deal for a Thursday during peak season and a room just steps from the beach. From my first phone call to book the room until we departed, we experienced courteous and friendly service. Harry and Renee could not have been kinder or friendlier. They made us feel welcome, even after checking out! Brooke and the rest of the staff were also friendly and accommodating.
The room was no frills and adequately clean, which is just what is needed for a stay at the beach. We did notice though, as another reviewer stated, that the bed advertised as a queen-sized, was actually only a full - a bit tight when you are used to sleeping in a queen and expecting a queen.
We enjoyed the dinner and the service was wonderful. The historic dining room was lovely. A bottle of wine was reasonably priced. We split the Crab and Avocado Tower and the Artichoke Encrusted Sea Bass - delicious! And more than enough for my mother and me to split.
We were pleasantly surprised in the morning with a continental breakfast. We didn't see this advertised anywhere and were not expecting to be greeted in the morning by Renee, pouring hot coffee for us. There was a lovely spread of bagels, muffins, breads and cereals. This is definitely a perk that should be advertised.
After checking out, we were welcomed back throughout the day to use the restrooms and to get changed after a day at the beach. How nice! This was not something made available to me when I stayed at the Bentley. If badges had been available, we would have been permitted to use those for the second day too, but they were being used by hotel guests who had checked in. Beach badges are available to purchase for $7.00 at an office within walking distance from the hotel.
Look for the specials that they run with the $50 dinner voucher, even without Living Social. This makes for an excellent value.
Great hospitality and location - I will be back.

1  Thank Livingsocialcb
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Our spread out family gathered at the historic, recently renovated Grenville for our father's 80th birthday. The staff was wonderful in coordinating rooms for 16 guests, arranging a gourmet leisurely dinner on the terrace, and ordering a delicious cake from a local bakery. Relatives who arrived early were welcomed, given a place to change into bathing suits and beach tags for the ocean which is one block away. The hotel is near Point Pleasant for those who wanted to enjoy bumper cars, miniature golf and traditional boardwalk activities but the town of Bay Head offers quieter beaches with lifeguards. We were also able to bring our dog to the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel for family celebrations and others who are looking for a shore getaway closer to Northern New Jersey.

2  Thank Mary_M46772