The Grenville
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Point Pleasant Manor(Point Pleasant Beach)
View Hotel
Dunes Motel(Point Pleasant Beach)
View Hotel
Red Carpet Inn Point Pleasant(Point Pleasant Beach)
View Hotel
Driftwood Motel(Point Pleasant Beach)
  • Pool
Windswept Motel(Point Pleasant Beach)
View Hotel
Sand Pebble Motor Lodge(Point Pleasant Beach)
View Hotel
Point Beach Motel(Point Pleasant Beach)
  • Pool
Pelican Point Motel(Point Pleasant Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsbeach badgeschairs and umbrellasnice staynjfireplacegeorgetteboardwalk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself was lovely and the family suite we got was small but perfectly acceptable, clean and pleasant to be in. The beach is just a 30 second/one block walk away (you do not need to cross the main road as one reviewer suggested, just a small street). The general area is very nice and obviously home to some rather wealthy people. I'm writing this in September 2013 and you would never have guessed that Sandy walloped the area less than a year ago, aside from the fact that everything looks spanking new after the rebuild.

The free breakfast was a bit of a damp squib - I've had better ones in economy hotels for half the room price. We did not try the restaurant, although the menu looked good.

I agree about the unfriendliness of the male owner who indeed does not look up from his computer to talk to you (or simply just to ignore you). If you don't like talking to the general public then owning a hotel is probably a bad idea. At least put someone friendly out front! (Such as the friendly young lady who was on reception when we arrived, or the lady who I presume was his (ex?) wife). That said, I came to stay at the hotel, not to engage in banter with the owners, so I don't really care.

I would definitely come back to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I searched for a nice place to stay for our 30th anniversary where we could bring our dog and be close to the beaches - The Grenville was absolutely PERFECT!
We didn't get a chance to try out the restaurant, but the staff was very helpful and friendly. We hope to someday be able to stay there again.

Tina B.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tina B
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Grenville was a great place to stay. I was there for a weekend and loved every thing about this place. I had made reservations only because I heard the food was amazing and to my surprise it was more than amazing. Both my husband and myself had a wonderful dinner. I ordered chilean sea bass and it was the best I ever had! Since that day I have been looking for a place that makes this dish and I cant find anyone on this planet that can make it as good as The Grenville. It was that good! As far as staying overnight it was very pleasant and enjoyable. I will go back any day. As far as people who make such complaints and comments as those I had read on this sight they are probably people who complain everywhere they go, everyday, cant listen to people like that they will bring you down, and who needs that?

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The historic Grenville Hotel is a beautiful victorian that has the perfect location for a beach vacation. We also have friends in the area so staying at the Grenville was the perfect choice for us. The Grenville owners and staff are friendly, pleasant, and there to offer their assistance if needed. My husband and I had a great stay and we definitely will be going back, and would recommend this grand old hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing beach stay. Also plan on eating at the Grenville, every dish is prepared to perfection and meals on the porch are very relaxing. Love this place!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We sold our beach house before sandy and have been staying weekends only at the beach... The Grenville , this past weekend was perfect. The staff is beyond courteous and to our great surprise, we can bring along our golden retriever next trip. We are looking forward to our next visit. Maybe next weekend. Next time...the family suite!

Room Tip: Room 406 excellent!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family