“Great Hotel!”
Review of The Olde Mill Inn

The Olde Mill Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Basking Ridge
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I travel to the Basking Ridge area quite often on business and have always stayed at the Olde Mill Inn. The staff is friendly and courteous, the restaurant is great, and the hotel has a relaxing atmosphere. It is especially nice when they decorate during the holiday season.

I've recently begun booking functions there as well and find the Sales and Catering staff to be top notch. They are flexible and pay attention to the details that make our functions successful.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank R202

Reviewed May 7, 2012

What a wonderful surprise finding the Olde Mill Inn! We were visiting family and your Inn was the closest to where we needed to be. We loved it there! The staff was very accommodating. The rooms were lovely and very comfortable...loved the bed! The Continental breakfast was delicious. And the views were out of this world! We haven't had such a peaceful overnight in many years! We will definitely return!

Connie from Ohio

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Connie L
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I was extremely impressed with the service and accommodations at the Olde Mill Inn. The front desk manager was friendly and attentive and the inn was incredibly cozy and clean. Our room was spotlessly clean and spacious. In addition, our request for a "quiet room" was absolutely met. This inn provides an excellent value for your money!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LP_Philly
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We visited the Olde Mill Inn and we were extremely impressed with the customer service at the front desk and the accomodations. When we checked in/out the front desk was helpful and accomodating. The hotel was very lovely and had a country inn feeling. We had some questions regarding television and internet and they were hands on. The room was extremely clean, comfortable and decor was classic. The continental breakfast was very good. Location was perfect off main highway and tucked in the local area countryside setting. I would recommend and definitely return in the future.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I visited the Olde Mill Inn recently and was not happy. Everything seemed to be going fine until I went down to the front desk for some ice in the very early morning and was hit on by the man at the desk. At first I thought he must be joking, so I tried to laugh it off, but he kept hitting on me. This made me very uncomfortable on many levels. I understand that it must be hard to find "normal" people to work the overnight, but I would not have someone like this at the front desk at 2am.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy H
oldemillinn, General Manager at The Olde Mill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

A comment like this we take very seriously, and it was immediatley addressed upon seeing this review. There of course are differing views on what occured, and my only wish is that the incident had been reported to myself or any other manager on the property while the guest was still with us. We have a manager on duty on weekends that could have addressed this issue as it occured. Guest security is one of our top priorities and that is why we have cameras at the front desk and throughout our property. Our staff is aware that should they act inappropriate in any way, it can easlily be monitored. The staff is also aware that there is ZERO tolerence for any kind of inappropriate behavior to a guest or staff member. All comments from guests are important to us, my only wish is that should a guest have any problems with their stay at our property that they speak directly to management and allow us the opportunity to rectify the situation immediatley. As always any and all guest feedback is greatly appreciated, and gives us the opportunity to improve in all levels of service, and learn from our mistakes.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

We hade school fundraiser in the main ballroom. A beautiful setting with a bright and friendly staff. Not only was the staff incredibly helpfull, but they
went out of their way to make it a great experience for all. I highly recommend it.t

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I travel a lot for business, mostly Marriott and Hilton. I come to this part of New Jersey about 15 times per year and I decided to take a chance on the Olde Mill. I figured it would be a nice break from the chain hotels and some of the reviews on this site were positive.
Basically, it is not a business traveler hotel but it is proably nice for functions like a wedding or other where you can eat, drink and not drive.
The rooms are actually nice enough. A mix of 1980s furniture but very good beds and good linens. The bathroom is clean and seems nice enough But. ..there are some drawbacks that will keep me from coming back and giving this place a second chance.
The internet connection is managed by a small-tme third party provider and I got dropped 5 times over 5 hours tonight. This is not a funciton of my VPN or other as this does not happen to me at other hotels.
The room climate control is via a 1980s window style air conditioner/heat pump where you turn the knobs on it to control heat/cool. There is no heat or AC in the bathroom other than a red heat lamp in the bathroom ceiling. The AC.heat pump unit is just too loud to be on a conference call as it kills the sound. It is also pretty loud for sleeping but I can get over that.. .
Also, the plumbing is very loud. When the room next door turns on their water, you really hear the pipes quite loudly in your room. This again, interferes with conference calls and can be a bit annoying when you are layng in bed.
I woudl call this an OK hotel for a function/stay combination for one night but would not recommend it for business travelers. It is a step above a motor lodge but not a business traveler hotel.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are motor lodge style where you drive up to your door and enter and exit throgh yo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank familyman42
oldemillinn, General Manager at The Olde Mill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

We are sorry that your stay with us has not achieved the high levels of satisfaction we strive for all of our guests, especially business travelers.
We realize how important a good wireless internet is to our business travelers and that is why we offer a 50Mb Internet connection to our guests. With our building wide Wi-Fi network and hardwired Ethernet ports, we offer immediate Internet access from anywhere in the building. More often than not, we are the preferred hotel and conference center for many of the area's most prestigious businesses --- from fortune 500 telecommunications and pharmaceutical companies to cutting edge technology startups.

It is unfortunate that during your stay that you did not contact our front desk or 24/7 toll free telephone technical support to help address your technical issue.
This would have given us a fair opportunity to help resolve any issues you may have experienced. If given this opportunity, we believe we could have quickly isolated and resolved any problems. Our experience is that most problems are related to either simple configuration changes on your computer or a correction with the remote service you are trying to access.

Our hotel does offer rooms with outside access but all rooms are accessible from the inside of the building. For many of our business travelers our rooms with access to the outsides are the most requested style.

We are sorry any excessive noise you may have experienced from the air conditioning unit, our maintenance department was notified and should that unit be in need of repair we will have it replaced immediatley.

Sincerely

Dolce Basking Ridge
Dolce Basking Ridge
#1 of 4 in Basking Ridge
Best Western Plus Morristown Inn

Been to The Olde Mill Inn? Share your experiences!