“Just Not Very Good!”

Urban Table
Ranked #11 of 59 Restaurants in Basking Ridge
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Harvest Restaurants's ninth restaurant, Urban Table, is located in the new complex of 40 Park Place on the Morristown Green. NJ Urban Table serves breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week. The menu focuses on fun, casual fare. The atmosphere is bright and full of Urban whimsy. It offers full service bar featuring great wines, Trap Rock draft beers and delicious shakes and smoothies. We're sure Urban Table will become your new favorite spot to get together for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This area needs some good restaurants...it is hard to find decent food. I was excited when a new place opened. I travel here on business often...I've tried this place 4 times. The hamburgers are average...the fries OK. I usually get one of the specials hoping for something...well special. Tonight I had the scallop-braised short rib surf and turf. I did not want mashed potatoes so I asked for rice. The server was very nice and accommodating, but oh my. Gritty scallops, hard crunchy rice and dry short ribs...yes, it was 9:30, but come on. It was supposed to have fried ramps...it did not have them when it arrived. The server quickly grabbed the plate and rushed back to get them...he shouldn't have. They were greasy and limp. The menu is eclectic. I'd say give it a try, but if its not to your taste....it won't improve, don't waste any more trips.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We were here for drinks on a Sunday afternoon--it was slow, only 4 tables or so were in use. All I have to say: we were there 90 minutes: once the waitress gave us our wine order, no one ever came to our table again. In fact, we had to go to the bar before leaving to ask for our bill. I won't be going there again.

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I was excited to see a place open that serves breakfast in the area. My sister was visiting so we decided to try it. It was a Monday and we were the only, literally, the only table there. I ordered the cheesesteak and egg wrap. The steak was tough I couldn't chew it and the cheese was not melted. There's not a good thing I can say about my breakfast. My sister got the Jersey sandwich. Bacon, over fried egg and cheese, was mediocre. Very disappointing. My search for breakfast continues.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have been here 4 times since it opened. The Urban eggs benedict is delicious, restaurant is clean and well appointed and service is good. But the food leaves a lot to be desired. I had a mahi mahi for lunch that was so overcooked it was actually crunchy (like jerky)...just awful. This morning, I ordered a white omelette and it came brown with crusty edges. The only way to get an omelette to that color of brown is to overcook it, or to cook it in a pan that is too hot. I was with other friends and knew they didn't have time to wait for me to send it back. We really need a place like this in the area and I was really excited when they opened, but I'm not going back. Food is beyond awful and I have tried several times. Not inexpensive either, so I'm not going back.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The owners decided to change the restaurant from CIAO to Urban Table, and the changes are MAJOR!! It has gone from an elegant dining experience to a burger and health restaurant. Some of the decor is familiar-The bar is left intact, the layout is the same, and the apples are in front when you walk in. But the entire menue is different. I ordered a steak burger salad to try something different, and it was a hamburger wrapped in a leaf of lettuce. I did not get it at all. Then, in the healthy section of the menu, there is a protien burger that is wrapped in a piece of lettuce. The menu makes no sense to me. There is no steak dish, no gormet dishes. Just a burger section, a health section, and lots of appetizers, which are the same price as the burgers. I am totally lost as to what they are doing, or what they are trying to be. We were a party of 8, and the bill was as high as it would have been at Ciao's, but with strange food. I can say the staff is the same, and quite friendly though.