“I read other's review, as if we went to a different restaurant!”
Review of Bamboo Grille - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bamboo Grille
NJ
“I read other's review, as if we went to a different restaurant!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Four of us went there this afternoon for lunch, I had Ceasar salad with shrimps, the romaine was all hard and very green. Those leaves were supposed to be discarded! I was so disappointed, too the shrimps, tasted like saw dust ,so over cooked and very, very dry! I will never go back. Waste of my time and money. I also had ice tea and the Splenda was very hard, like when a packet of sugar got wet then got hard, that was what they put in front of me! Too bad, the gold course is nice.

• Visited July 2013

Randolph, NJ
“Outside dinning”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Had lunch here today with a co-worker. Sat outside and looked over the fairway. Lovely setting. Had the short rib taco (special) and it was very good.

• Visited May 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Delicious food and good service”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My parents and I went to the Bamboo Grille for my birthday lunch, and we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of food, service, and the view from our table in the bar area (restaurant was already crowded). Service was quick and the variety on the lunch menu was very good. The Brown Rice Crusted Scallops, Shrimp Scampi, and the Blacked Mahi Tacos (on the special) were delicious, and had I been at home, I would have licked my plate clean. The portions for lunch were perfect. I look forward to having lunch and/or dinner there in the near future and highly recommend the Bamboo Grille for anyone in the area.

• Visited February 2013
Lakewood,Pa
“Not a worry”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

What a great place to dine. We have been here many times for lunch and dinner.
I don't know what is better the view or the food. They are both outstanding. Service was great every time as well.
The crab cakes would beat any Maryland restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
“Our favorite place to dine out.”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The Bamboo Grille is one of the best places for me and my wife to go out dine. I cannot say enough good words about this place. We are both from Jersey and we have gone to many places in our state, and this place ranks at the top for places to dine. The theme of place is indeed bamboo (bamboo poles, bamboo blinds, bamboo everything). It has 2 personalities...a day and a night one. If you go during the day, you get a breath taking view of the Basking Ridge Country Club Golf Course. If you don't enjoy this view, then there is something wrong. It is just gorgeous. At night, since it is dark out, you cannot see the course, and then it becomes a most romantic place go. This is where we go out on a date night. We love this place.

The food for me is difficult to judge and this is why: I keep ordering the exact same thing. I kid you not. I always order the crab cakes. I love crab cakes in general, and I have been to many, many places that make crab cakes. There is no place on the planet (and that includes Maryland!) that makes crab cakes better than this place. They are made in house (I asked the owner) so they are not some stupid frozen thing they bought pre-made from a supplier. I order a soup and everyone I have tried, I liked. Same goes for salads. My wife mixes it up and she loves everything she has ordered (and I have stolen a bite or 2 over the years and they are yummy).

So, if you are new to NJ or on biz, I recommend this place. It is located in the Basking Ridge Country Club on the first floor (enter on the right of the building and walk down the steps). The front entrance is the Club itself which does weddings, etc.

• Visited September 2012