“Our favorite place to dine out.”
Review of Bamboo Grille - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bamboo Grille
“Our favorite place to dine out.”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The Bamboo Grille is one of the best places for me and my wife to go out dine. I cannot say enough good words about this place. We are both from Jersey and we have gone to many places in our state, and this place ranks at the top for places to dine. The theme of place is indeed bamboo (bamboo poles, bamboo blinds, bamboo everything). It has 2 personalities...a day and a night one. If you go during the day, you get a breath taking view of the Basking Ridge Country Club Golf Course. If you don't enjoy this view, then there is something wrong. It is just gorgeous. At night, since it is dark out, you cannot see the course, and then it becomes a most romantic place go. This is where we go out on a date night. We love this place.

The food for me is difficult to judge and this is why: I keep ordering the exact same thing. I kid you not. I always order the crab cakes. I love crab cakes in general, and I have been to many, many places that make crab cakes. There is no place on the planet (and that includes Maryland!) that makes crab cakes better than this place. They are made in house (I asked the owner) so they are not some stupid frozen thing they bought pre-made from a supplier. I order a soup and everyone I have tried, I liked. Same goes for salads. My wife mixes it up and she loves everything she has ordered (and I have stolen a bite or 2 over the years and they are yummy).

So, if you are new to NJ or on biz, I recommend this place. It is located in the Basking Ridge Country Club on the first floor (enter on the right of the building and walk down the steps). The front entrance is the Club itself which does weddings, etc.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank RutgersJohnny

Dunedin, Florida
“Great Lunch!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I went to the Bamboo Grille on a Sunday morning and it seemed we were the first guests, as there was nobody else there. This was great because both the manager and our server (Olivia) were attentive. All of the food items we ordered were delicious; appetizer was the chicken pot stickers. I ordered the tropical rain salad and the candied pecans and mandarin oranges went well with the spinach. We both order sandwiches; my wife had the smoked salmon club and I had the turkey bamboo club. Both were filling although I thought the smoked bacon overpowered the rest of the sandwich. At noon, we enjoyed a pitcher of their tropical sangria which made us feel we were on an island, especially looking at the windows at the bamboo umbrellas outside. It was too windy or we would have taken a table out there overlooking the gold course. I finished off with the pear crisp with the walnut topping. I thought the scoop of vanilla ice cream was small, but overall the dessert was scrumptious. My wife had the crème brulee and she said it was tasty. We will certainly be back, especially when the weather is warmer.

• Visited September 2012