“I don't understand the negative reviews”
Review of Ridge Tavern - CLOSED

Ridge Tavern
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Henry Street
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I don't get why there are so many negative reviews here. My family and I stopped in last weekend, not sure what to expect, but I'm glad we came. The help needs help, and it was a little dead, but the food made up for it! It took about 10 minutes to get seated, which was ridiculous because the bar tender was right there, and random employees walked past. We were going to walk out, but I'm happy we didn't. The 3 of us all ordered different types of burgers and they were ALL perfect. The fries were fresh and soooooo good. My husband ordered a BBQ burger which came with bacon and the bacon was perfectly done. Crispy but not burned. If the help can get a little bit more "with it" I'd say this place would be 5 stars. We werent in a rush on a Sunday so the slow service didn't bother us much, but if this were on a week night, I would have been annoyed.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Had brunch there with local friends on Feb. 3. The price was fantastic - great value. Wide variety of food. Great service. Strongly recommend!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

The wait staff was non existent, the TV had riske stuff on it and we had a 6 year old and 9 year old at the table. The food was no great.
we patronized the Store for years and this was out second visit her and was more disappointing than the first.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Enjoyed the ribs. I liked the sauce as usual. The server was attentive and prompt.

The corn bread was different this time. I would prefer the traditional cornbread versus the current Dec 2012 incarnation

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Don't let the new name fool you. It used to be The Store, a place that used to have great food and a superb brunch. Then new owners took over and the food quality was bad. They ran The Store into the ground, so changing names is to lure more people into spending money on poor quality food is sad.