“Great food!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We went there with a party of nine, last friday night, and everyone loved their food, everything was delicious!! I had the shrimp & scallops over basil fettuccine it was fantastic, can't rave enough about how good it was! I would recommend it highly!!! I will be back.

2  Thank Josephine Giann... S

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is a fantastic local restaurant. The menu is thoughtful and the specials are excellent. Their pizza is a favorite, and their Pollo Rustica is a creative, delicious offering. It is owned by a couple who also work there, and who bring a warm and personal flair to their restaurant. The service is attentive and the atmosphere is warm and comfortable.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Everything at Cafe Rustica is great! The decor and friendliness set the mood and the food is absolutely delicious.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

Café Rustica is a charming, Italian Restaurant on Valley Road in Basking Ridge, New Jersey. What I like about this restaurant is the quality of the food. It is freshly made by the owner and chef, Giovanni. His wife and co-owner, Theresa, serves as the hostess and will assist in any capacity needed. As you walk in the door, there is a small bar to the left, which is set aside from the dining area.
We have been dining at this restaurant for a number of years and always look forward first to having the incredible Bruschetta, along with a delightfully made drink. The Bruschetta is freshly made. The Italian bread is outrageous (not hard), topped with tomatoes, olive oil and spices, and salad greens. While you could pick it up with your hands, the portions of topping spills over and you do not want to waste even a bit.
Sometimes I just have the Pasta e Fagioli, which is perfect and the Bruschetta; however, most of the time, I order the Penne Vodka with green peas. Since I cannot eat the larger portion (since I finished by Bruschetta), I order a half portion. My husband loves the Pan Seared Salmon with wild rice, sun-dried tomatoes, green pea risotto and oven roasted tomato sauce. However, if we are just stopping by for a light dinner, we have the Margherita Pizza with fresh mozzarella, plum tomatoes and basil. It is just perfect, along with a well-made cosmopolitan and beer.
Whether you are looking for a quiet lunch or dinner, or just want to have pizza at the bar, Café Rustica is the perfect place to relax. They also cater events in the back room, which is perfect for a bridal shower, which I have attended and thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon. They did not rush us and we enjoyed the privacy. Of course, you can always have take-out food too. The owners and staff provide a pleasant atmosphere. There is ample parking.

2  Thank Alana B