“Very nice”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Basking Ridge
Cincinnati
“Very nice”
Reviewed August 4, 2010

We spent 4 nights here while in town for a wedding. We got an excellent rate (under $100) through online booking. Our room was very spacious, however, sink area in the bathroom was limited. Everything was very clean. Great parking in an attached garage. The service was excellent. Coffee and tea offered in the lobby in the mornings (until late), cookies and apples are set out throughout the day if you get there in time. The window to our room faced a courtyard. It was beautiful and quiet. However, there is a gazebo/bandstand out there. When I asked about possible noice the front desk was very helpful, checked the schedule of events. She offered to move our room if there was an event that would be inconvenient for us. Overall, we had a great stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank quezmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Santa Clara, California, USA
Reviewed June 9, 2010

I was visiting the Verizon HQ across the road and it made sense for me to stay at Dolce. Very isolated and not very service oriented. I was sorely disappointed with a missing breakfast service at the price. Everything was chargeable and there was no effort made to make a traveller feel comfortable. If not for the location, I will definetely give this hotel a miss.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
New York
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Needed to book room in this hotel for a wedding - the reservations process was impossible !!!!. Needed to speak to countless people, leave messages, wait on hold. etc. in order to book room at the agreed to rate. Spoke to several other family members who all dealt with the same ridiculous process. Event planners - find another hotel to direct your guests.

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank lazydog135
New Jersey
Reviewed March 22, 2010

I came for a 2 night stay here for a weekend getaway with my boyfriend and was pleasantly surprised! Not only was the staff wonderful and nice but our room was at an excellent rate for the suite with a AAA discount. The check-in was quick and easy and went off without a hitch, I don't know how the other guest that commented had such a problem. Seems like that was just a staff issue, not something to blame on the entire hotel. The food was great, I wish I had a bigger selection though as far as room service but the option to go to the nearby restaurant on the premises is awesome! My only problem with my room was the fact that it does not come with a fridge or complimentary water like most hotels. Other than that I enjoyed my stay, loved the staff, loved the room, loved the rates even more, and will continue to come back when I need some well deserved R&R!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank getawaylover1
Salem NH
Reviewed January 18, 2010

We stayed at the Doce Basking Ridge for a wedding. We got a package rate. It was an excellent rate. We liked the hotel, we found it clean and easy to get around in. The pool area was clean, the jacuzzi was hot.
The computer area had three high speed computers.
The breakfast buffet was also very good.
We had no problems checking in. Everything was great!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
Reviewed January 14, 2010

Although the hotel itself was clean and the room was fine, I would not recommend this hotel! They lost my reservation so it took close to 45 minutes to check in. Then after leaving, I received my credit card bill and I had been double-charged for my stay there. When I called the hotel about this, they failed to return any of my calls. I had to dispute the charge with my credit card, and the staff at the Dolce told the credit card I had two rooms booked so one charge was the fee for not showing up. I have my original reservation confirmation for one room, but this does not seem to matter to the Dolce. It has been over 2 months and the Dolce hotel has still never contacted me personally about this despite numerous attempts on my part to discuss these charges. I have had to contact a lawyer to fight this. SPREAD THE WORD! DO NOT STAY AT DOLCE HOTELS!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChicagoTravelGirl47
Stockton Springs, Maine
Reviewed October 28, 2009

Have stayed here several times. Okay hotel and convenient to I.287. Used to be a guy named Ryan there who was very helpful to me. Haven't seen him lately. It was at one point the AT&T Conference Center and has changed hands several times since then. Hope it doesn't go downhill.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Bernards Inn
Bernards Inn
#1 of 1 in Bernardsville
Best Western Plus Morristown Inn

Been to Dolce Basking Ridge? Share your experiences!