“Overall Wonderful Stay!!”

Dolce Basking Ridge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Basking Ridge
Reviewed March 22, 2010

I came for a 2 night stay here for a weekend getaway with my boyfriend and was pleasantly surprised! Not only was the staff wonderful and nice but our room was at an excellent rate for the suite with a AAA discount. The check-in was quick and easy and went off without a hitch, I don't know how the other guest that commented had such a problem. Seems like that was just a staff issue, not something to blame on the entire hotel. The food was great, I wish I had a bigger selection though as far as room service but the option to go to the nearby restaurant on the premises is awesome! My only problem with my room was the fact that it does not come with a fridge or complimentary water like most hotels. Other than that I enjoyed my stay, loved the staff, loved the room, loved the rates even more, and will continue to come back when I need some well deserved R&R!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank getawaylover1
There are newer reviews for Dolce Basking Ridge

Reviewed January 18, 2010

We stayed at the Doce Basking Ridge for a wedding. We got a package rate. It was an excellent rate. We liked the hotel, we found it clean and easy to get around in. The pool area was clean, the jacuzzi was hot.
The computer area had three high speed computers.
The breakfast buffet was also very good.
We had no problems checking in. Everything was great!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2010

Although the hotel itself was clean and the room was fine, I would not recommend this hotel! They lost my reservation so it took close to 45 minutes to check in. Then after leaving, I received my credit card bill and I had been double-charged for my stay there. When I called the hotel about this, they failed to return any of my calls. I had to dispute the charge with my credit card, and the staff at the Dolce told the credit card I had two rooms booked so one charge was the fee for not showing up. I have my original reservation confirmation for one room, but this does not seem to matter to the Dolce. It has been over 2 months and the Dolce hotel has still never contacted me personally about this despite numerous attempts on my part to discuss these charges. I have had to contact a lawyer to fight this. SPREAD THE WORD! DO NOT STAY AT DOLCE HOTELS!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChicagoTravelGirl47
Reviewed October 28, 2009

Have stayed here several times. Okay hotel and convenient to I.287. Used to be a guy named Ryan there who was very helpful to me. Haven't seen him lately. It was at one point the AT&T Conference Center and has changed hands several times since then. Hope it doesn't go downhill.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed July 28, 2009

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed December 17, 2008

The Dolce is right next to the Verizon HQ so I decided to stay there. The location off I-287 is convenient, but a little unorthodox.

My entire stay seemed a little transactional. The place doesn't have a warm feeling at all. It is nicely decorated and the rooms are nice, but it just lacks any welcoming effect.

Bathroom: Separate shower and tub and the shower was great. Excellent water pressure, plenty of hot water. Sink area was plentiful.

Room: TV was great. The rest of the room was nothing remarkable. Felt a little like a Hyatt.

Gym: Gym was humid, but not a show stopper. Cardio machines have individual TV's which is a plus.

Restaurant: Bland, again transactional.

Price: Definitely not worth it. This is a $129 business hotel that is getting a NJ/NYC premium that is probably worth looking elsewhere.

I wouldn't object to staying here, but I think you can do better.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank NittanyHusky
Reviewed June 17, 2008

I did not spend the night here but went to a beautiful catered event at night.

We arrived fairly early and got first row parking! The enterance was clean and beautiful. The cocktail hour was amazing. Between the sushi, pasta & carving stations, hot/cold platters, 2 bar services and a cheese fondue station... couldn't have asked for anything more! The butler service was quick as I never had a dirty plate or empty drink in front of me for more than a minute.

The room of the event was very spacious with a large dance floor and stage in the middle. The bathrooms were clean and easy to locate. One of my favorite things of the night was dinner....it was delicious!! My husband and I both ordered the chicken. Mmmmm!

The location was convienent and directly off Rt. 287. I would be excited to go back if another event took place there again that I was invited to.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
#1 of 5 in Morristown
Hilton Short Hills
Hilton Short Hills
#1 of 1 in Short Hills

Been to Dolce Basking Ridge? Share your experiences!