“Nice hotel!”

Verizon Basking Ridge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Basking Ridge
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I went to a social event at the hotel and was quite impressed. The hotel was spacious and very clean. The bed was super comfortable and the room very cozy. The bathroom was great--I loved the glass-enclosed shower.

The hotel picked us up and dropped us off at the local train station, which was very helpful, and the drivers were nice and polite. All the staff people I met were friendly and worked efficiently.

The only downside was that a wedding had taken place that evening and some drunken revelers were in the hallway in the middle of the night, making a lot of noise. "Where's my key, dude? I locked myself out" is not what you want to hear at 3:00 A.M.!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night to attend a friend's wedding. The only complaint is that it is kind of off the beaten path, however, the property itself is beautiful and was very accommodating for the wedding. Cocktails, ceremony, reception, brunch were all held on the property and executed very well. Handling crowds can be tough but the Dolce did it well.
The rooms were comfortable and clean. Couldn't ask for more! I would definitely recommend to stay or for a wedding venue!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Epeg
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in April and could not have been more pleased with this place. We first arrived to check in around 2am on a Thursday and could not find anything at all to eat in Basking Ridge nor the surrounding towns. We finally came to the hotel with low hopes of them having an option for food so late, but ended up lucking out. There was no room service or restaurants open, but the gentleman who checked us in grabbed a few cold club sandwiches and we could not have been happier.

The property itself is beautiful, very secluded, plenty of parking, decent bar and restaurant, and all the elements of the wedding were handled very well. It is also very close to historic Morristown and only 30 minutes outside of Newark.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Great hotel for my trip out to Basking Ridge. Comfortable, quiet rooms with a good working desk and, in my room at least, a strong WiFi connection. The staff were pleasant and friendly throughout and were adept at being in the background but there when you needed them.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Away from the courtyard is quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed here with family who were attending a function close by. My son and family had a suite and I was in a nearby queen room. Other family members were also staying. Both rooms were well furnished, very clean and comfortable.
We used the swimming pool each day. Unfortunately the jacuzzi was closed but the pool was warm and fun to swim in, especially when we had it all to ourselves each time.
Food at breakfast was of good quality and there was an excellent choice. the staff were all very friendly and efficient without being intrusive.
My son had booked the suite for two nights as we knew we would be needing the room until very late afternoon but on checking out he was only charged the day rate for the second day.
I would recommend this hotel .

Room Tip: Suites are excellent and spacious for families.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I tagged along with my husband who was attending a conference/training in April 2012. The first thing I have to say is the bed mattress is the most comfortable I've slept on for ages. Having stayed at many hotels who boast that their beds are the best, this is really heaven.
The food is excellent. For example: I loved their freshly baked croissants and mini beef sliders. Otherwise they have lunch and dinner buffets from which you can choose anything you want.
Service is exceptional. The staff is friendly and anticipates your needs before you ask for it.
If you are into fitness, their gym and indoor pool is also available.
I would go there again to relax.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Love this hotel! Not only is the buffet style food good, everything is labeled for food allergies. Took all the guess work away for me and if I did have a question, the chef immediately came out to speak to me. All the staff was friendly and helpful. The facilities are clean and the room is comfortable. I absolutely recommend Dolce!!

Room Tip: If your room is in the "higher numbers" ask for directions for the shortcut across the cou...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
RussellClarkeNJ, Director of Sales at Verizon Basking Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

Susan,

Thank you for your response and we appreciate you taking the time to detail your recent experiences. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back with Dolce, in the near future.

Russell

The Madison Hotel
The Madison Hotel
#1 of 5 in Morristown
Hampton Inn & Suites Bridgewater

Been to Verizon Basking Ridge? Share your experiences!