Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge
Courtyard by Marriott Basking Ridge(Basking Ridge)(Great Value!)
$199
$169
Courtyard
  • Pool
The Olde Mill Inn(Basking Ridge)
TripAdvisor
Bernards Inn(Bernardsville)
$249
BernardsInn.com
Best Western Plus Morristown Inn(Morristown)(Great Value!)
$157
$147
The Madison Hotel(Morristown)(Great Value!)
$179
Hyatt Regency Morristown(Morristown)(Great Value!)
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
$127
BestWestern.com
$299
Westin.com
$80
All reviewswood floorsholiday innglass partitionoutdoor pationew jerseybusiness centerstaff was very friendlyenjoyed my staynice staycarpetingweddingbartenderikeaallergiestapasthmaventilation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2010

My daughter was competing at the USEF Festival of Chamionships and while we normally stay at the Mariott Coutyard in Basking Ridge when competing at the USET, Gladstone the exhorbitant rates at the Courtyard for this stay forced us to look elsewhere and we are very glad we did!!!

I can not recall what hotel was at this location previously but Hotel Indigo did an overall great good job in its renovation (it did seem like they needed to replace the carpeting in the common areas - did not quite fit in with their current decor, and the quality of the paint job was subpar). The rooms however were very nice, faux wood flooring was great and helpful to those with allergies and it did not pose a noise problem at all with the floor above us....

After a day of competing most times my daughter just wants to "chill" and order room service and not have to worry about redressing and finding a suitable place to eat. I have to say that this was the best room service we have ever had. The menu selections were healthy and refreshingly different than the usual standard fare. Quality was excellent and pricing was reasonable. The room had a large oval table that wheeled in between the beds and served as a great dining table for us! Very covenient to slip away and meet other parents at the bar downstairs in the evening :)

The breakfast buffet looked great and I heard it was. Our room rate did not include breakfast which was fine for us since we left each morning at the crack of dawn ( I did discover that another parent had negotiated this into her family's room rate..I believe $5 per person).

For the price I would DEFINITELY recommend this over the local Mariott Courtyard which does not have a bar or room service.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2010

The Indigo is a "boutique hotel" which means that it has wood floors in the rooms instead of carpet and artwork other than your regular generic hotel pictures, in this case, a huge floor-to-ceiling picture of rocks. The hotel is fine, and in a decent location. The elevators while we were there ran very slowly, and the bartender at the hotel bar was not very nice, perhaps because he was not accustomed to being crowded. Overall, it's a fine hotel. The rooms are a good size, and there's plenty of parking.

Note: There were a lot of dogs in the hotel staying with their owners, perhaps because it's one of the only animal friendly hotels in the area? I didn't mind at all, but if you're not a dog person this might bother you. We saw four or five different dogs and we were only there for one night.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night in July. We got it through hotwire for $64 which was a real bargain compared to the prices of other hotels in the area. The hotel was very modern, clean and easy to find. The room was nicely decorated and well furnished. The bed was very comfortable. There was no tub in the bathroom...only a shower which was fine for our needs. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We used the gym and the equipment was very good. They had treadmills, a stair climber, elliptical machine, bikes and weights. My only complaint was that it was very hot and we couldn't change the air level. I guess I could have gone to the front desk though. Overall, we had a very nice stay and would not hesitate to return if in the area again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2010

My (now) husband and I used Hotel Indigo for a block of rooms for our October 11, 2009 Wedding on Columbus Day Weekend. We initially dealt with Jill who is no longer at the property, and then had the opportunity to work with Casie. She was a pleasure to work with and listened clearly to all of my needs. Looking back, I was definitely the "Bridezilla" (extremely OCD) and appreciate the warm, genuine service from Casie and Amy from Hotel Indigo. They both met with me on a separate occasion to review my rooming list and verifiy that everything was accurate on my list. Together, we made sure that all names were listed correctly and all guests were blocked in the appropriate rooms. We actually reviewed this list several times as well, over the phone, leading up to the wedding.

I have no qualms about choosing Hotel Indigo. The weekend was flawless. Everything worked out as planned. On Sunday, October 11th, (after my wedding) they even had the bartender stay until 1:00 am. Everybody raved about the brunch the next day, the very clean hotel, the beautiful landscaping, and their committment to being GREEN (which was VERY IMPORTANT to my husband and I). I am so happy that I chose Hotel Indigo and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who plans an event or is just looking for a weekend getaway! Casie and Amy, I just wanted to THANK YOU, again for making my wedding weekend extra special! I appreciate you going "above and beyond" for us, your professionalism and patience is also noteworthy. Hotel Indigo is a unique GEM in Basking Ridge and I can't wait to stay there again!
- Genevieve M. Briganti (Gural)

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed April 7, 2010

We used Hotel Indigo of Basking Ridge for the block of rooms needed for our wedding. Leading up to the event, everyone we dealt with was more than happy to help us with ANYTHING we asked. Their staff (including front desk, reservations, sales coordinator and general hotel staff) were extremely responsive and did everything they could to ensure anything related to our wedding block ran smoothly. Our guests did not have any problems reserving rooms, checking in and checking out. We had a large number of rooms (50+) due to a number of people traveling from out of state and everyone had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast buffet. It was a pleasure working with all of these individuals and based on this, would definitely recommend their services and Hotel to others.
Despite the glowing review we have of the staff, hotel, and breakfast there was one disturbing ‘situation’ that resulted in our unhappiness with the hotel. In the midst of taking our wedding pictures (since it was a December evening and there was no daylight outside, the hotel staff allowed us to take our pictures in their main lobby/bar area, which was extremely accommodating and we are very grateful they allowed us to do this!!) an unidentified man approached a number of individuals in our wedding party asking who the bride was (seriously? were there any other people in a white dress?) This man approached me and asked to speak with me & my groom immediately, telling us he only needed a moment of our time. At this point, I asked politely…”…and you are?” to which the man replied “The Director of Operations of the Hotel Chain.” After pulling us aside (again, in the midst of our wedding photos) he referenced our welcome bag note that we had given to our guests (we had written that we were going to continue the celebration in the Phi bar following our reception that ended at 12 am) He threatened that if anyone was downstairs with alcohol after this point the police would be called. He also told us that the bar/lobby area was not a spot our guests could congregate. This abrupt, rude interruption (from a man we had never spoken to nor did he share his business card) was a huge disappointment. We completely understand the rules of Hotel Indigo and Laws of Basking Ridge and had already discussed all of this with you (and the fact we are not allowed to serve alcohol in the common areas). We found it even more aggravating that this unidentified man interrupted our wedding pictures and was making demands of our guests after our reception. We, along with our guests, are professional grown men and women- this man was treating us like we were throwing an underage keg party. Needless to say we found this experience to be rude, distasteful and unprofessional.
Following our reception, we returned to Hotel Indigo, and we, along with a few of our guests, enjoyed chatting in the large, fun, modern lobby area for the rest of the evening. All of the staff on their shift that night were attentive and accommodating. Our guests complied with the staff’s request to move their outside cigar smoking elsewhere.
The following morning, we enjoyed the delicious breakfast buffet and were greeted warmly by the front desk and breakfast staff. This was a perfect way to end our wedding celebration.
It’s unfortunate that the above “issue” ruined our experience with Hotel Indigo. Our wedding block brought a bunch of business to Hotel Indigo and it’s a shame that this one individual caused all of us to view the hotel as unpleasant. Hopefully, this man will treat future guests associated with wedding blocks in a non-judgmental professional manner. After all, isn’t Hotel Indigo a business hotel? His behavior embarrassed us- in front of a number of our colleagues- and after we shared the situation with them, they were appalled as well.

• Stayed: December 2009