“First Indigo experience: Very nice, yet I still switched hotels the following week.”

Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Basking Ridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was my first stay and a Hotel Indigo. I am a Priority Club platinum member so my experience my vary from the typical customer.

Check In: I reserved a hearing impaired King because it was the only guaranteed king available. I was told there are 15 large corporate offices in the area which restricts midweek availability, especially Tuesday nights. Upon arriving I informed them I didn't require a hearing impaired room if they had another King available. They were kind enough to upgrade me to a King suite. I was also given a large bottle of "smart water" which I'd never tried before. They also had me spin a wheel for a bonus which ended up being additional priority club points.

The Room: The room itself was quite spacious and had bamboo flooring which was a unexpected surprise. It was at the far end of the top floor so I didn't notice any noise from neighboring rooms during my stay. I expected the flooring wouldn't muffle noises so that was a pleasant misconception. I really enjoyed the Aveda toiletries in the bathroom. Each evening the housekeeper even left a note with two Hershey kisses as part of a turn-down service as appreciation for my priority club status. They had cable boxes for each of the televisions with a large number of available channels. I didn't try any of the on demand content to know if that was supported, but it seemed like it might be. I had trouble sleeping in the bed. I suspect it was related to all of the pillows being firm and preferring a softer pillow. I did not ask the hotel about switching out pillows so I don't know if they would have done so.

The reason I switched hotels the following week? Wifi availability and performance.

While they had free wifi available in the room its performance was spotty or slow. It might have been related to the size or location of my room, but my iPad couldn't maintain connection in the bed, or sitting chair. It performed more reliability the closer to the hallway, but I wasn't using it from the bathroom or closet so that was of limited use. I should note they did have a wired network available in the room, but I didn't attempt to use it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Joshua M

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel May 2-May 7. It was simply put... an amazing experience. Myles and Mimi were so helpful and wonderful. Mimi (Hotel General Manager) is hands down one of the most friendly people I have met. Thank you for making our stay so grand. The rooms are huge and very modern. The beds are super comofortable and the bathroom/kithenette are nicely designed as well. We came to the hotel using our Priority club points that we had accumulated and I dont regret using them on this hotel one bit. Mimi even granted us a complimentary upgrade to a jacuzzi suite for our last two nights at the hotel! Now this room was stunning. Just beautiful. Two big rooms. Seperate bathroom and Jacuzzi room. At night we ordered from the in hotel restaurant and it was very good and reasonably priced. We hope to come back to this gem in Basking Ridge NJ on my next visit to see my family. Thanks again Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge!

• Stayed: May 2013
Mimi V, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

JustinWesley,

You managed to put smiles on the entire staff here at the Hotel Indigo! Your review was so much appreciated by everyone including myself. We really are thankful that you took the time to write about your amazing stay, but more so that you had an amazing stay. I personally was touched I got to meet and spend time with you and Cory during your stay. We all look forward to the next time you visit, and will be on the lookout for your next reservation:)

Yours truly,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here on 4/19/13 for the night. This was my second stay here and I enjoyed it again. I enjoyed a bite to eat and a few drinks at the bar. Definitely a comfortable place to have a few drinks. This hotel is close to my work and I look forward to the patio being open in the summer?? Indigo is always at the top of my list when needing a hotel in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

It's a real pleasure JRTaylor76 to read the review you posted on Trip Advisor! It really does excited us here when we read and learn that you had another great stay. We thank you for your repeat business and yes the patio will be open for bar and restaurant service next month!

Fondly,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Indigo in Basking Ridge. The room was quiet, large, well-appointed, and business-friendly. Bed was comfortable (as were the pillows), and the bath was large with a walk-in shower. I also thought that the wooden stool "in" the shower was a bit peculiar, but very scandinavian. The hardwood (or laminate) floor was a nice change from the usual hotel carpet, and I wasn't bothered by noise (my own or from other rooms) as some have mentioned in their reviews. The location is very good, quiet, close to a major east-west freeway, and close to a collection of restaurants and a Starbucks a few blocks away. I didn't get a chance to use the gym, so can't speak to it. I'll try to stay there again on my next work trip.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Michael K,

We enjoyed reading your review "Enjoyable Winter Stay!" The entire Hotel Indigo staff here in Basking Ridge want to thank you for your compliments, it makes our day when we have another satisfied guest. We look forward to your next trip.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed May 4, 2013

My wife and I are on our Anniversary Trip planning to visit 9 New England States. One of our stops was at Basking Ridge, New Jersey; (on our way to New York City). My wife and I were in a casual conversation about our "Anniversary Trip" and how nice it had been thus far with the IHG properties in Syracuse and Owego New York. Front Deck attendant Sophia (she gets a gold star); arranged for us to stay in a Superior room, (even though we were staying on points); and the hotel was sold out for the night.
While we were getting ready to turn in for the evening, there was a knock at the door. The gentleman brought in a cart with what the hotel calls a "Hotel Amenity". (Items very special that made both of us smile).
Thank you very much Sophia for being on the ball, and picking up on our special trip conversation..
The personal note from the general manager of the hotel (and the amenity) were indeed not expected, but greatly appreciated.
We'll go out of our way to make it back to your hotel when we are in the area.

PS: As Priority Club Platinum card holders we expect good service, but at the Basking Ridge Hotel Indigo, we got more than we bargained for, in a very exceptional way. Thank you very much

Room Tip: Cooked breakfast was outstanding. Ask for Sophia when calling the hotel, or cross your fingers that...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vernkaye
Mimi V, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Greeting VernKaye!

First, Happy Anniversary again! I was so touched reading your review and want to thank you for taking the time out of your special trip to recognize your stay at the Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge and Sophia! She is a very special young lady and we are very fortunate to have her as part of our staff here. It was wonderful to have you as our guest and I look forward to the next time we can host you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed here because I was in a friend's wedding for two nights. When we arrived the man at the desk mumbled a lot of things. We were supposed to get breakfast vouchers for both mornings, we only got them for one morning and when asked we couldn't get more.

The bed in our room was very noisy. Every time my husband rolled over it woke me. Also, the walls must be very thin (or maybe it's due to the lack of carpeting...though I liked the idea of "hardwood.") because beginning at 5:28 the day of the wedding out neighbors alarm went off. They let it go the entire 10 minute cycle. This happened two additional times (different ringtones, so it wasn't an accident). When I went to the front desk the guy laughed and said that our neighbor had left.

Wasn't the worst place, but certainly below average.

• Stayed: April 2013
Mimi V, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Greeting Ehubler,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we were not able to satisfy you with the service you have received. I hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back to stay with us and hope that this occasion did not deter you from staying with us again. We appreciate your feedback and your business.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed here on Friday 4/19/2013 for a friend's wedding. We arrived at about 2:40pm - check in is at 3pm. Our room wasn't ready yet...no big deal - he told us he would let us know when it was ready. We sat in the lobby and chatted with some friends when they arrived and at 3:00pm...the young man from behind the desk walked past us, with his backpack and right on out to his car...ok - guess it's quitting time. So I walked up to the desk to ask the new person at the desk if we could check-in...he says of course, your room has been ready for a while now????? Hmmmm...communications issues behind the desk?

The room was very clean - but had laminate "hard wood" floors and wearing heels was VERY noisy in the room - I felt bad for the people in the rooms next door!!! And I think the walls are very thin in this building - we were walking down the hallway and could tell which rooms our friends were in based solely on the voices we heard coming from behind closed doors.

The shower leaves a lot to be desired - almost no water pressure...but everything was clean. NO shower curtain or door - just half enclosed with glass - strange but true. I was a little put off by the wooden stool in the shower - and couldn't imagine anyone wanting to sit on it...who else has been sitting on that stool in that shower???

The hotel bar doesn't open until 4:00pm and closes at 11:00pm - as we were returning from our friend's wedding at 12:30am - many guests were upset that we wouldn't be able to enjoy a little downtime at the bar after the wedding.

We were given free breakfast vouchers with our reservation - not big on eating first thing in the morning, I just wanted a cup of coffee - could not use the breakfast voucher for coffee - had to pay $3.00 for a 12 oz cup of coffee????? This was a bit disappointing - every hotel I have ever stayed in has had free coffee in the lobby for all guests - and WHY couldn't I use my breakfast voucher for the coffee? Was breakfast less than $3.00???

All in all - the hotel is very clean and nicely appointed, however I do believe they need to be a little more customer oriented.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear StaciKing921,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is important to us as it allows us to improve our service to all of our guests, which seemed to be lacking in your visit. Also, the information provided is very useful and will be used as we continuously work to enhance our product. It is my hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you the next time that you visit Basking Ridge.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Basking Ridge
HYATT house Branchburg
HYATT house Branchburg
#2 of 5 in Branchburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bridgewater

Been to Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge? Share your experiences!