“Wedding Party + some!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Wedding Party + some!”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I had the pleasure of getting married in Basking Ridge, NJ however, there are only 4 hotels that you can choose from in the area! Enter in the Hotel Indigo! The Indigo had undergone some renovations before we arrived and we liked the change. Very vibrant rooms along with nice photography in them as well. Laminate flooring made for worry free flooring (carpets) as well.

The lobby area is quite welcoming with a nice bar and breakfast area downstairs. I have to say that I question the bartender we had working during our weekend (Alejandro?) because on Thursday night drinks were MUCH cheaper then those same drinks on Friday night. Not a common practice if you ask me, but hey, I dont set the prices, but last I checked neither does the bartender!

All in all it was a fantastic experience for both my bride and myself - - along with the rest of our wedding party and guests. We had fantastic service from Kim (group sales) and Mimi (Food Requests) throughout the weekend. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The location is troublesome because there is NOT a lot around Basking Ridge! Spa units are not avail...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AJ_Seahawk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I typically have to stay at this hotel a couple of times a year for business. I have read the reviews and have to say that I always enjoy my stay. The staff is always friendly and they seem to go out of the their way. On my most recent stay I noticed some small improvements being made around the hotel. Plus it has a much homier feel. I enjoyed sitting outside on the patio with fresh flower decorations. Now if you are someone who does not like modern, up to date design, then do not travel here. The hotel rooms do have hardwood floors and area rugs which to some people’s perception can be louder, but to me it is cleaner. The walls are bright orange but I like that because it is a mood lifter. I will continue to stay at this Hotel Indigo and recommend it whenever I can.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Meg S
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We are staying at this hotel later this summer, but had to make a lot of changes via phone today. Spoke with Collette at the front desk and she was able to help with all of them. If this is the service level of the hotel, I know we will be very happy!! I will be sure to update the review after we stay.

One thing to note- I had booked 2 rooms with one confirmation number and she said that's not possible. Hopefully we'll only have the 3 rooms we need, and not 4!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank eliz933
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel and from the moment I walked in things were not right. I walked in and a wave of heat hit me, I thought I was nuts. They were having problems with the A/C go figure it was 93 degrees out. The front desk asked ME to go to the room and test everything out, I was a bit baffled but I did as told.

I requested a Single standard king room, they did put me in a king room but they put me in a wheelchair accessible room. Not that its a problem just a minor inconvenience when showering, I had to hold my shower head rather then it being stationary, then also because it was wheelchair accessible there was no glass divider so water got all over the floor.

The staff is hit or miss, the waitress at Night was very good, Front desk staff not so much. I asked questions and they payed little to no attention. When I checked in I had to wait about 5 mins before the person acknowledge me, also not a huge deal but when your sitting in a lobby with NO A/C because frustrating

Beds are ok, a bit hard for me. The decor is some what modern I did not like that there was no carpet only wood laminate flooring. Very cold in the morning or at night, the A/C is considered green so it shuts off unless it senses movement, annoying when your trying to sleep comfortably on a hot night.

There is NOTHING in this area unless you have a car. If you dont have one then I suggest you bring a nice book with you and enjoy your room. There is cable television included which was I must admit a surprise, they use cablevision.The WiFi is a horrible joke will not stay connected, if you have a Laptop I would advise to bring your own ethernet cable to connect much more reliable.

Breakfast Buffet is $12.95 I got a deal that had it included in the rate. Nothing major the normal stuff, bacon, eggs, home fries, french toast, fruits and pastries.

Would I pick this again probably not, is a decent hotel yes!.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Biztravel12
, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
Dear Biztravel12,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us. Please accept my apologies that our amenities and services fell below your expectations.The feedback we receive from our valued guests like you enables us to address the problem areas and take necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your future travels.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
burgh757@verizon.net
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Hotel Indigo is a fairly new addition to Basking Ridge. It is definitely not a place I want to stay in again. Their customer service is lacking and they are almost insulting in their approach. Stay at the nearby Courtyard by Marriott, a much better choice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear scarletd0g,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I'm sorry you received service which was less than satisfactory. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Gherlyn C.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed for 2 nites in May using club points. It was my first time at an Indigo. They included breakfast which was nice of them. Service was very good. Rooms were nice and quiet. My wife's only complaint was rooms do not come with bathtubs. My only complaint was no complimentary coffee in the lobby early mornings like so many other hotels have. We really liked the free use of the lobby PC with printer/scanner. We would go back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 65yoBoomer
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Not sure what other reviewers expect when they're checking in (the Four Seasons?) but our needs were not only met but exceeded. What we wanted was a clean, modern hotel with friendly staff in a good location. What we received was a clean, modern hotel room with very friendly staff in a good location with a business center, a welcome drink (champagne or sparkling cider), a large bottle of water, and a good night's sleep in a very comfy bed. We did not eat in the hotel's restaurant in the lobby. We stopped by the local bagel place just a short distance from the Indigo for great NY-style bagels. The only downside was the couple in the room next to ours decided to have a knock-down drag out fight from 11pm-nearly midnight, which consisted of a lot of cussing, swearing, yelling, screaming, and otherwise inappropriate behavior. We tolerated it for longer than we should have (our fault) before calling the front desk. The manager on duty called their room and must have said something to get them to shut up (separate rooms perhaps?). I don't hold the hotel responsible, but as our rooms shared an adjoining door, we could hear their entire fight. The only other issue we had was in the bathroom there was a vent above the counter that blew exceptionally cold air into the bathroom. I imagine this is to keep the mirror from fogging during showers (there is no separate bathroom fan) but it was really cold! I hung a towel over the vent during our stay and it raised the temperature in the bathroom at least 10 degrees. Installing a closeable vent would solve this problem.

This was my husband's second stay at an Indigo and my first. I like the decor, the lack of carpet (no skeevy carpet to clean) and modern design. I look forward to returning!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't adjoin to another (via doors in the room-family room) for a thicker...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Bernardsville
Dolce Basking Ridge
Dolce Basking Ridge
#1 of 4 in Basking Ridge

Been to Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge? Share your experiences!