“Really enjoyed our stay”

Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Basking Ridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Really enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Not sure what other reviewers expect when they're checking in (the Four Seasons?) but our needs were not only met but exceeded. What we wanted was a clean, modern hotel with friendly staff in a good location. What we received was a clean, modern hotel room with very friendly staff in a good location with a business center, a welcome drink (champagne or sparkling cider), a large bottle of water, and a good night's sleep in a very comfy bed. We did not eat in the hotel's restaurant in the lobby. We stopped by the local bagel place just a short distance from the Indigo for great NY-style bagels. The only downside was the couple in the room next to ours decided to have a knock-down drag out fight from 11pm-nearly midnight, which consisted of a lot of cussing, swearing, yelling, screaming, and otherwise inappropriate behavior. We tolerated it for longer than we should have (our fault) before calling the front desk. The manager on duty called their room and must have said something to get them to shut up (separate rooms perhaps?). I don't hold the hotel responsible, but as our rooms shared an adjoining door, we could hear their entire fight. The only other issue we had was in the bathroom there was a vent above the counter that blew exceptionally cold air into the bathroom. I imagine this is to keep the mirror from fogging during showers (there is no separate bathroom fan) but it was really cold! I hung a towel over the vent during our stay and it raised the temperature in the bathroom at least 10 degrees. Installing a closeable vent would solve this problem.

This was my husband's second stay at an Indigo and my first. I like the decor, the lack of carpet (no skeevy carpet to clean) and modern design. I look forward to returning!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't adjoin to another (via doors in the room-family room) for a thicker...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Saranger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
UK
Reviewed May 2, 2012

The conversion of this "local" hotel to InterContinentals Indigo brand has been a success. the rooms are large and the Indigo branding means they are far removed for typical US blandness. Beds are comfortable, air con is effective and not too noisy (at least not in the room I was in). Lift is small and awkwardly shaped so getting more than one person into it with large luggage can prove tricky - minor complaint! The health facilities are Ok and typical of this standard of hotels. Bar area is small and breakfast pretty basic, but if you're looking for a reasonably priced "business" hotel in this area you can't go much wrong.

Room Tip: no rela advanteg front or back
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Magnolia, Texas
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We stayed here since we were doing business in the area. It was my first experience with Indigo and was a bit concerned after reading some reviews. I did not find any major faults with the hotel or room, check in was quick, our rooms were well equipped and internet reliable. My colleague did have some difficulty sleeping because his refrigerator was noisy when turning off and on, but I didn't have any issues with that.

The hotel is located away from anything and a car would be required for most travelers. I have stayed in this area before and find it somewhat difficult to find restaurants in although we did find a very enjoyable Persian one as well as several others just across the interstate. I was there during the week and almost everyone was a business traveler, and when we left mid day on the 2nd day, there were only 2 cars in the parking lot.

The only difficulty I had was describing the need for a late check which I never did across so we ended up just checking out and hanging out in the restaurant area which was empty during the day. I stayed at the nearby courtyard as well and would give it the edge in quality, at a slightly higher price.

Room Tip: The rooms to the south back up to a wooded area while the north faces the parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear TxLonestar,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you liked the location of our hotel as well as you room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry we were not able to accommodation your request for a late check out. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
detroit
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times. I travel to NJ for business and it's conveniently located for me. I will never stay there again though. They have serious issues with the cleaning crew. I suspected that they weren't replacing my used drinking glasses with clean ones. Since one of them had a unique mark on the bottom, I decided to test them. I left some water in it and sure enough, all they did was dry it out and turn it upside down without actually replacing it with a clean one. I had this problem on two separate stays! Their room service doesn't start early enough in the morning, and more often than not they bring me the wrong food. On my most recent visit, I had reserved the hotel shuttle 2 days in advance to take me to my office in the morning. Luckily I called the day before and was told that they had no record of my reservation because that gave me enough time to rent a car instead of taking a cab from the airport as I had planned. The staff is completely unreliable, and to be honest with you, the people who work at the front desk really couldn't care less. In my most recent visit, I also had the following issues: phone didn't work (maintenance crew fixed); wireless internet didn't work (they brought me a cable to connect directly because I didn't have the time to spend troubleshooting with their tech support); the thermostat was defective; they don't have thick curtains to cover the windows - only transparent ones that let the sun in. This place is a joke. Do yourself a favor and stay at a different hotel. Somerset Hills around the corner is a pretty good option. It's not great, but compared to Indigo, it's like the Ritz.

Room Tip: To find a good room, look anywhere but at this hotel.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank jepr_2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear jepr_2012,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
Reference # 27710637

Travelers are raving about these Basking Ridge hotels

Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Despite the hotel's claim, this is just a basic hotel. Rooms are completely average, and the outlet in our bathroom did not work. Also, the air handling unit in the room was very loud, which made for a not very restful night, The staff are very friendly, though, and with the rate we booked, we had a free buffet breakfast that was above average.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank peasant79
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Dear peasant79,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review.
I would like to offer a sincere apology. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

^Katie
Boston area, MA
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I've only stayed in the Padidngton Indigo, which is terrific. This hotel is nice, not terrific. My colleague and I got a very friendly greeting because I'm a Priority Club Platinum. The person in the bar was also quite helpful that evening. The room itself is a bit spartan. It was quite large -- a king bed seemed small in it -- much larger than the more fashionable London version. I did not get road noise, but I could hear the person in the room next door (there was a locked door in between the two rooms. The wifi worked well and the breakfast was decent and free. The rate was significantly lower than some of the hotels in the neighborhood.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed January 7, 2012

the entire staff here were so friendly & hospitable. It was refreshing to see people enjoy their jobs. I was very extremely impressed with my stay.
I'll def be back!

Room Tip: I'm not sure if my view was north, south, east or west. It's set in a beautiful country atmo...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Bernards Inn
Bernards Inn
#1 of 1 in Bernardsville
Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater

Been to Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge? Share your experiences!