“Very nice property”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Brattleboro, VT
“Very nice property”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

This is a very clean and well-maintained hotel. I very much appreciate that they accept pets. Comfortable beds, great fitness center. The only downside was that the soundproofing between our room and the next wasn't very good. We could hear them talking from time to time and I don't think they were being particularly loud. It was by no means the worst sound issue we've encountered, though, and the hotel is very nice. One minor quibble: it would be nice to have refrigerators in the rooms. I have a lot of food allergies and tend to travel with food.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank halifax20
lewistonmurray1968, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Thank you for staying with us! We are glad you enjoyed your stay! You feedback is very valuable to us as we continue to strive for excellence. We provide refrigerators and microwaves on request. On your next visit, we will make sure that you have a refrigerator in your room (complimentary).

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Roselle Park, New Jersey
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We booked a room for a wedding for this hotel. Once you walk into the hotel it was very trendy and modern and it flowed through the rooms. We had a King Bed room. The bed was very comfortable! There was more than enough to be comfortable and put your luggage aside and not be crammed in the closet. They had nice hard wood floors. The bathroom was very nice with Aveda products which is a plus because they are a high-end company. The shower had a half glass partition which was odd but I got used to it. We also enjoyed the bar at night but the bartender was a bit slow with ordering drinks. We had the hot breakfast the next day. They had a wonderful spread of scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, cereal, toast, yogurt, fruit, french toast, coffee and juice. It was delicious! Overall, I enjoyed my stay here and would look for the same hotel in other areas if available in my future travels.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ripejoga
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and provided us with very helpful comments. The Spa Inspired shower is a Brand Concept that is becoming popular among boutique hotels! We will improve on the speed of our bar service! Please visit again soon!
United States
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Stayed for one night for a family wedding in the area. Had no problem finding the hotel with our GPS.

The rooms are very large. They do have hardwood floors and this is a first for any hotel we every stayed at. I didn't mind that feature. Made the room look and feel clean and is great for people with allergies. Check in & out was easy. The place was clean and parking was free. We were attending a family wedding about 6 miles up the road so we didn't spend much time at the hotel. Checked in about 3:15pm, left for the wedding at 5:30pm and came back about 1am. Didn't get to have breakfast here so I can't comment on that since we checked out by 8:30am.. Our room was very clean. The bed was comfortable. The one outlet in the bathroom near the coffee/tea maker did not work so I had to move the tray w/ the machine on it to the other side of the vanity and plug it in on the other side. The shower was great, nice pressure. The a/c unit leaked water on the hardwood floors which ran a line of water down to the middle of the room even if the unit was not turned on. When we left the room (we left for the wedding and turned the a/c off. the next morning there was a line of water all the way to the bed which was about 7-1/2 feet away or more). There was a small puddle in the room when we first arrived about 4 ft back from the a/c unit so they obviously know something is up. Other than that and the wall outlet the room itself was very nice. Nice flat screen TV and very roomy. The other problem was about 3-4am someone in the room next door came home and started fighting. It lasted less then 5-7 minutes and they left. I have stayed in a lot of hotels and never felt the need to ever call the front desk security before and I didn't call this time but if it didn't stop I was going to.

It was a a nice property and the breakfast buffet smelled good. Got the hotel on Priceline and the price was great. We personally had no real issues at the hotel and it was only a one night stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate the detailed feedback. It is very helpful and gives us an opportunity to validate the things that we do right and fix those areas that were less than satisfactory. Please visit again soon!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Very nice hotel.
The breakfast buffet was excellent (included for Priority Club members)
The all wood floors were an oddity. A nice touch for keeping down alergens, but I'm not sure they thought it through. If you are on the top floor, it probably isn't a problem, but it really amplifies the sound of footsteps from the room above you.
Over all this is a class above Holiday Inn (in the same brand chain).
We stayed on a wedding package so it was only $100/night. A bargan for this area of NJ

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Harrisonville, Mo.
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Okay, maybe I'm just getting old and out of touch. Maybe it's a great hotel, super trendy and I'm stuck in the past and the eclectic atmosphere was over my head. Those things considered, I'm still hard pressed to explain why I had exposed wires sticking out of the wall in my room. The cable tv was a guessing game as to what channels the hotel subscribed to. The room decor struck me as spartan rather than roomy. I had a coffee maker in the bathroom but, alas, the pot was missing. Maybe it's time for IHG to admit that their Indigo properties (much like the Holiday Inn Select debacle) is terrific on paper but in reality...not so much. Way overpriced and fails to live up to expectations. Anyone familiar with NJ knows that this hotel is located in the heart of the "old money" section. It's ranking of last place in area hotels is not undeserved. In fairness, I didn't complain to management. I mean, what were they going to do? Change my room? I'm not being paid to inspect their rooms for them. These things should have easily been noticed by the head of housekeeping or management. I'm a big Holiday Inn fan as of late, but this stay has set me back a bit. OH, and if anyone ever stays in room 324 would you please let me know if the full wall photograph is a picture of rocks or potatoes.....I'm lost.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Detmike208
IHGCare, ihgcare at Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced with your room. I will follow up with the executive housekeeper to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you in the future.

Brenda J.
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Basking Ridge hotels

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Stayed here on a business trip. The decor was nice, not the typically gaudy rugs you see in most hotels. The common areas are attractive, including a fireplace in the lounge immediately past the lobby. There were some really good restaurants nearby and the staff was helpful with recommendations and helping us get around. The rooms were really clean and well kept. Good place to stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Pros - pleasant reception staff, really large room - clean & modern
Cons - we stayed on Sunday night - restaurant & bar closed. Room had laminate flooring which meant that there was some sound travel from adjoining rooms.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
HYATT house Bridgewater
HYATT house Bridgewater
#1 of 6 in Bridgewater
Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater

Been to Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge? Share your experiences!