“Decent Rooms & Food and Helpful, Nice Staff”

Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Basking Ridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Stayed at Hotel Indigo 5 nights for a course I was taking in the area. Ate breakfast and dinner every morning/evening in my room and everything ordered on the menu was very good. The room was large, King bed, had plenty of natural light, free wireless (big plus!) and not noisy even though I was beside elevator. Most of all, the staff, namely Joanne & Sofie at reception and the driver Salis were so helpful and friendly the whole time.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank roxipod
There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge

Reviewed March 14, 2011

They billed my credit card for two nights I did not stay and will not return my calls.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Akitar
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Poor service, rotten food (room service, cafe, and in corporate event/meeting), limited cable TV channels, flood in room twice caused by noisy mini fridge (mopped up by front desk staff with BATH towels), no Kleenex, unprofessional and incompetent staff, sloppily dressed front desk staff (untucked shirt and sneakers), management missing in action, no draperies for privacy (hello parking lot!) and to block out light (only sheers), beaten up furniture, paint and stains on upholstery and bedspread, freakishly small bathroom with shower only partially enclosed, no perks for Priority Club Rewards status, freezing cold laminate floors (no carpet), can hear everything from adjacent rooms, poor task lighting for getting work done, paint fumes, dirty coffee cups, and much more but you get the picture.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2011

When traveling on business to the Basking Ridge, NJ area, the Hotel Indigo is a great choice. The desk staff is really helpful (one even lent me her phone charger because I forgot mine). They have a business center where you can print last minute papers for meetings. The rooms are large and clean. The bar area seemed like it drew a nice work crowd, but I was tired from traveling and passed. There are some good places to eat near by. The hotel is close to the highway, but not too close.
The manager even carried my bags to the car and put them in for me. Why pay for the nearby Marriott when you can stay here?

Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2011

This hotel blew me away!! Every aspect of it was wonderful! The hotel was modern with nice furniture, flat screen TV's, big comfy beds, and overall very clean. I felt like I was sleeping in an IKEA with all of the modern furniture and decor. The staff was beyond nice. I stayed for 4 nights and had dinner and breakfast there every day. The food was AWESOME! We had a snow storm while I was there and they even brushed my car off!! I mean, what other hotel does that? I HIGHLY reccomend this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2011

We used the Indigo to lodge our friends and family after our winter nuptials. Our guests were greeted by excellent front desk staff, who were very accommodating in getting them their gift bags and in answering any of their questions. All our guests were impressed and commented on the Indigo's unique decor and wood floors. The shuttles got all our guests to the ceremony on time, and no one was left behind at the end of the night. The buffet in the morning was enjoyable and a great ending to our stay. Overall, it was the perfect location for our wedding party. We most definitely recommend others to stay at this hotel for any and all future events.

We also love that it is eco- and pet-friendly!

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed November 28, 2010

We stayed here because we spent Thanksgiving with friends who live in this area. We had adjoining rooms with our teenagers. Rooms were clean, but decor is sparce. Takes a little getting used to. No carpeting, they use wood laminant flooring. Doesn't provide much sound proofing but I am sure it is cleaner.
There was maybe 10 others in the hotel due to the holiday. So most food and beverage services were closed. Not a big deal as we had not planned to eat there. We had a room over a function room and on the last night (Friday) they had a function with a DJ and we felt like we were in the room with them! They did stop promptly at 11:00 pm. However since the hotel was so empty I think they could have had the forethought to not put us in these rooms.
We had a water issue due to a local water main break. Not their fault but they gave us 2 bottles of water 8oz each to get us thru. Not so easy to wash up and brush you teeth before bed with this.
All and all it is clean, safe and during normal business it has most amenties available. More of a corporate hotel.
I would stay again because of the convenice to our friends.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater
Dolce Basking Ridge
Dolce Basking Ridge
#1 of 4 in Basking Ridge

Been to Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge? Share your experiences!