“Overnight stay”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Basking Ridge
Burnaby
“Overnight stay”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed here for one night, to meet family. Great location, close to the area we needed to get to without wasting too much time, travelling back and forth. It is a little difficult getting out of the driveway, but with a bit of patience, you shouldn't have too much trouble.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GMBaskingRidge, General Manager at Courtyard Basking Ridge, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear mammatVancouver,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. We are happy to hear we met all of your needs during your stay to visit family.

We hope to see you next time you are in the area!

Thank you again for your review.

Kindest regards,

Scott Selby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Nice Courtyard. Good choices of places to eat. Popular place for kids' traveling teams to stay. Parents are worse once they realize beer & wine can be purchaed onsite. When checking in, ask if there is any traveling team, then ask for the most remote room from them. Insist because the checking in hosts look like trainees.

Stayed April 2013
1 Thank lrlz17
GMBaskingRidge, General Manager at Courtyard Basking Ridge, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear lrlz17

Thank you for staying with the Basking Ridge Courtyard! We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. All feedback is good feedback in our eyes as it shows us how we can improve to make the best experience for our guests. As the weather gets warmer we do have sports teams stay with us on occasion during their weekend tournaments. We have put a few actions in place to ensure both the teams as well as our leisure guests can enjoy the hotel. We have been proactive in making sure we have appropriate staffing levels to ensure the hallways are patrolled and noise kept to a minimum. In addition, we keep a dedicated section of the hotel reserved for our leisure guests away from any noise. I apologize this was not made aware to you upon check in and I will be sure to inform my staff so this does not reoccur.

Once again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again!

Houston, TX
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Are you a frequent traveller who stays at a particular hotel just to accumulate loyalty points so you stay at exotic locations for free? Then you know just how much different hotel properties can vary within the same chain!

I've been staying here for week nearly every month for the last three years. I've seen so many changes here -- in addition to the room rate creeping up. The lobby has been renovated to Marriott's current design for CYBM. Unlike some other locations, the rooms have been updated as well. Of course, nothing compares to home, but they are comfortable and relaxing. It's great to have a bed where you don't have to worry about sliding off the edge because the mattresses are so old and decrepit. Frequent hotel guests know what I mean -- that one spot where so many of us get out of bed or put on our shoes, that the side of the mattress feels like you're going to roll off the bed when you turn in the middle of the night!

The staff is pleasant and knowledgeable, and very willing to accommodate special requests. I've had issues in the past where they've assigned another guest my room (yes, they have tried to enter the room while I was there!), but I'm glad to say THOSE EMPLOYEES ARE GONE!!!

While there is no free coffee any longer, that seems to be a corporate decision since it's disappeared from other locations as well. The customary newspaper delivery is hit or miss, but that is also disappearing at other Marriott properties.

The current manager seems to be doing a great job. It finally feels like my home away from home!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank LisaE24
GMBaskingRidge, General Manager at Courtyard Basking Ridge, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear LisaE24,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is an honor to hear you consider us your “home away from home”!

I am glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay and were able to enjoy our newly renovated lobby. Thank you for your kind words about our staff I will be sure to thank them for going above and beyond.

In regards to your incident with room assignments I would like to sincerely apologize for this situation. Safety is so important at our hotel and I ensure you our front desk has gone through the proper training to make sure this will not happen again.

The removal of complimentary coffee in the lobby was a worldwide Courtyard decision after researching our guests’ needs. In the past year we noticed many of our guests were not utilizing the complimentary coffee and instead visiting our Bistro for Starbucks. Although the complimentary coffee has been removed we still always have coffee available in the room.

Thank you again for the great review. We hope to see you soon!

Monmouth County NJ
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard for 2 different functions. Our first visit was December 8, 2012 and our second was December 30, 2013. The rooms were clean, the beds comfortable and the staff was very friendly. The noise level was very low - hardly a sound all night. I also liked that they have a small area off the bathroom where I could apply my makeup and finish getting dressed while my husband was in the shower. The location might not be perfect for some people - it is a bit secluded. We were a large group and had transportation to and from our function. Other then that I would recommend the Courtyard to anyone looking for a clean comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
GMBaskingRidge, General Manager at Courtyard Basking Ridge, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Vanessa A,

Thank you for your review of our hotel, I truly appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback to us. I am so glad to here you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable as our housekeepers takes great pride in the cleanliness of our rooms.

I hope to see you again for your next function!

Northampton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Was there for one evening, a Saturday night.
Pros: Room was perfect. Comfortable and quiet, even though we were right next to the elevator. Everything looked new. Everything was clean.

Negative: Was looking forward to pool and spa. Some guests, however, had turned that area into a party zone with a bunch of folks drinking wine, and teenagers in the whirlpool for a really long period of time, throwing a football to other teens in the pool. So it was not for us.

Breakfast: Very limited menu, and not that great.

Room Tip: Plan for breakfast elseware.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GMBaskingRidge, General Manager at Courtyard Basking Ridge, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Pennsypete,

Thank you taking the time to provide your feedback on our hotel. We appreciate your review as it helps us better understand all of our guests needs as we look for new ways to improve. Housekeeping takes pride in making sure our rooms are always clean and comfortable and I am glad to hear you had a wonderful experience. I do want to apologize that you were not able to enjoy the pool and spa we will try to do a better job monitoring the pool. I am sorry to hear that you felt our menu was limited as we want our guests to feel like they always have options. The Bistro concept provides options that are made fresh to order with many healthy options. Our food is inspired by fast casual concepts built around retail, bakeries and modern coffee shops.

Thank you again for writing this review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I recently stayed here for 3 nights, in town for my son's wedding. The hotel was nice, clean and the staff was friendly. We requested a fridge and microwave which was brought to our room immediately after we arrived. We arrived around 1:00 and were allowed to check in our rooms early which was nice. We had a king bed and there was ample space in the room. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the room was nicely insulated, never heard any outside noise and I knew there were young kids a few doors down from us. We especially liked the large bathroom (toilet and shower area) and the dividing door where the vanity is, although the vantity was quite small. The "market" in the lobby sold a good variety of things to eat/drink and things for personal use. However, the items are WAY over priced. I understand and agree with the hotel making a profitt, however, the prices of these things were more like robbery. A single beer for $6 is ridiculous! I also think the hotel should have kept the complementary lobby coffee out later than 10 am. The bistro is also very overpriced. I did not care for the location of the hotel. It was somewhat secluded, no restuarants or stores for miles except for an 7-11/Exxon, which did have a decent selection of fresh sandwiches. Another problem with this location is that you cannot get on 78 going East, only West. This was very odd for us coming from Tennessee. However, the interstate was very close which was nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear tonya8268,

First, I would like to say congratulations to you and your family on your son’s wedding and I appreciate you choosing our hotel to host your family on such a special day. Thank you for taking time to write this review and for the great comments you made about our staff and service as we always look forward to any feedback our guests provide us. I am thrilled to hear that your overall arrival experience was great and that we were able to accommodate you for an early check-in. I am also happy that you mentioned our comfortable pillows as we just recently upgraded them. In respects to the market and the Bistro, I am sorry you felt our prices were too high, we study the market to keep our pricing competitive with other hotels in the area. I am disappointed to hear that you were not informed about the restaurants in the area. There are 10 restaurants that are less a half mile away - within walking distance. Our front desk has a wealth of knowledge and they will provide directions and recommendations for not only restaurants but other points of interest as well.

Thank you again for taking the time to review us and we hope to see you next time your in the area.

Whitburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This Marriott Hotel is very nice on arrival however it lacks some atmosphere, private areas and the normal things you expect from this hotel group. The hotel is a little way from the Raritan area and there is no shuttle bus available so to get to where I needed to be daily it was $50.00 each way - a little steep. Please follow your colleauges at the Bridgewater Marriott and provide a shuttle bus to the large companies in the surrounding area. The staff at the hotel were very warm, friendly and welcoming & the rooms are clean and comfortable (make sure you get a room away from the lift). The restaurant is ok, serves basic snack style food which in my opinion was average and there are no sidewalks in the area so you cannot walk to any other restaurants in the area you have to drive. The breakfast was nice however the lounge area doubles as the dinning area and bar - can be busy and noisy and so is the music in come of the corridors. It is ok but not sure I would stay here again due to the location, lack of shuttle bus and the cost involved travelling back and forward to Raritan.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is away from the lift area as this can be noisy and make sure you have a car if y...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMBaskingRidge, General Manager at Courtyard Basking Ridge, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear David G,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is important to us as it allows us to improve our service to all of our guests. Thank you for the comment about our great staff and rooms. Both of these components are so important at our hotel and I am glad we were able to impress you. In regards to the shuttle, as a select service hotel most Courtyards do not have an onsite shuttle. Since the Bridgewater Marriott is a full service hotel this is one of the upgraded amenities they provide. I am disappointed to hear that you did not feel comfortable in our new lobby. Marriott has done extensive research to provide a space that has both private and communal areas. I always like to recommend one of our media pods where you have your own private space at the Bistro to watch TV, enjoy dinner and even work on your laptop. And if you were looking for something to eat besides the Bistro there are a few restaurants within walking distance. Sometimes it is hard to view over the hill but there is a sidewalk all the way down to Riverwalk Plaza just 1/4 of a mile away where there are four restaurants and a national coffee house.

Thank you again for all of your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Basking Ridge
Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater
Bridgewater Marriott
Bridgewater Marriott
#4 of 6 in Bridgewater

Been to Courtyard Basking Ridge? Share your experiences!