“Treated the way you would expected to be.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Sand Castle

The Sand Castle
“Treated the way you would expected to be.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Simply stated, the inn keeper treats you they way she would like to be treated. This is evidenced by the quality amenities. Large, soft beach towels, comfortable beach chairs and an umbrella were available for use as well as newer bikes. The room was large, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent! I would hightly recommend this B&B as it was probably the best B&B experience we've ever had.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tom S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Came straight here literally from a 3-night stay on Times Square. It was like coming to a ghost-town, and we loved it. Quiet, serene; we felt like we had the place to ourselves, although there were other guests right next to us. A well-run B&B, Nancy goes above and beyond to make the whole experience wonderful. Our room was large, clean, and had a DISTANT view of the bay (Sunset Vista Suite); in-room Jacuzzi was great. The bed was sooooo comfortable....didn't want to get out of it.

Breakfast: Best of our entire vacation. Everything fresh and home-made from their own recipes. Crème-brulee French-toast was the best!! Muffins or banana-bread; juice; hot, strong coffee. We were never really hungry enough to eat lunch!!

Had a 70 degree day and spent it on the beach with maybe 6 other people. The lighthouse is a short walk away and beach access is reasonable, if you know where to go (ask before you start out). The next day we had rain and enjoyed being in the room.

Nancy is what makes this B&B a cut above the rest. She made us feel very welcome, each morning at breakfast she spent individual time with each guest giving suggestions for the day and we felt like she was getting to know us.

5 Thank savvyaztravelers
Flemington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Sand Castle seemed like a charming New England Inn to me..... one where the owner is an interesting person, and also is interested in you as her guest. The 'other Nancy,' who we met in the breakfast area, was delightful as well. We enjoyed our room, Egret's Landing. It was fun having a drink on own porch with a view out to bay. We also thought it was convenient having an outside entrance directly from the room.

The breakfast was outstanding! And don't miss having a scone even though you have plenty to eat without it! It was the best scone I have had since I was in Scotland.

Sand Castle's location in Barnegat LIght is great...close to the lighthouse, restaurants and a 'shortish' walk to a beautiful beach.

4 Thank pamelarae2013
Glen Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed there on our anniversary and we were not disappointed! This is a beautiful B&B located right on the bay in Barnegat Light, my wife's favorite part of LBI! Our room was small but very clean and very well appointed; but you don't go to LBI to sit in your room. The entire facility was very charming, especially the common area upstairs which was fabulous, with beautiful furniture, a piano, and decorated with tons of "Santa's" which give the place a very warm, inviting year-round holiday feeling. Also, don't miss breakfast, it was awesome. If you're looking for an amazing sunset with nothing in your way, make sure you go up to the roof top deck. "Hats off" to Nancy, our owner/hostess who makes her guests feel like family! We'll surely be back.

4 Thank Ron M
Near Princeton, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed at The Sand Castle for two nights in the Seascapes room. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. The bed was comfortable and the sheets are very high quality. Although the bathroom was small it was very clean. The property is very well kept. It has a pool that unfortunately we were not able to use since it was raining. The full breakfast was scrumptious!!! Awesome scones and coffee. I highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Boodkins
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Such a beautiful place to stay! Can't think of anything to improve it! Nancy is a great host. Always happy to return! The breakfasts are delicious......and you even have choices! Enjoyed Chowderfest this weekend too!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank DianeSpector
Plainfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We loved last years trip so much that we had to come back again this year for our anniversary. This year we chose the same room as last year "Egrets Landing" as it was perfect and the view from the panoramic windows was amazing. When we went into our room this year we did notice that the decor was different from last year which should not have been a surprise since last year the decor was different than the pictures online. The bed is amazing, the sheets are so soft, the chairs very comfortable and the room was very spacious. It was a little colder this year so we did not spend time on our porch. The breakfast scones, muffins fresh fruit and honey butter were amazing. The breakfast selections were a choice of eggs, bacon & potatoes or a belgian waffle on Sunday Morning and A choice of blueberry pancakes or eggs, potato & cheese casserole with taylor ham on Monday. The portions appeared smaller than last year and on Monday my casserole was not quite as hot as I would have liked but I'm sure it would not have been a problem if I had asked to have it heated up. The thing that I missed this year was the attention to detail that was there last year such as the toilet paper roll design (not at all a deal breaker) but I missed it because It was such a surprise and so cute there was very thick dust on the plant above the TV. Also, there was mold/mildew on a portion of the bathroom ceiling which was immediately addressed and painted when I brought it to Nancy's attention. It was a bit noisy in the hospitality area and at breakfast. In all fairness I think that some of my issues are due to the fact that there was a wedding party occupying several rooms during our first 24 hours which could have caused a problem with turnover. While I did mention some issues I did not mention them all as I was very tired having just returned home from a business trip and then drove 2 hours. I really just wanted some R & R with my husband. My husband and I really enjoyed our time regardless of the above we just were not Wowed as we were last year.

Room Tip: Ask if there is a wedding or large party occupying other rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kim P
sandcastlelbi, Owner at The Sand Castle, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
I would like to thank the reviewer for returning to the Sand Castle for her special occasion and for the candid comments about her experience. I certainly appreciate it when a guest takes notice of the constant updating I do to the inn to keep it fresh.....so if new linens don't match what shows in online photographs you can be sure that the quality will remain the same or be upgraded. Many guests choose to purchase the sheets we use from our gift gallery because they fall in love with them after one night!
Every guest who stays at the Sand Castle is given my personal cell phone number so they have access to reach me at any time during their stay. The reason I make myself available is because I want your stay to be perfect but I am unable to achieve that if I am not alerted to potential issues until after you leave. The Sand Castle is a Diamond member of Bed and Breakfast.com. We are proud that our inn is a cut above the ordinary. And as Confucius said, "Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without." If you point out something that we overlooked, nothing makes us feel better than to correct it.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barnegat Light
Windward at the Beach
Windward at the Beach
#4 of 10 in Beach Haven
4.5 of 5 stars 56 reviews

Been to The Sand Castle? Share your experiences!