“Great Getaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Sand Castle

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barnegat Light
The Sand Castle
You added The Sand Castle to your Saves list
Glen Ridge, New Jersey
“Great Getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed there on our anniversary and we were not disappointed! This is a beautiful B&B located right on the bay in Barnegat Light, my wife's favorite part of LBI! Our room was small but very clean and very well appointed; but you don't go to LBI to sit in your room. The entire facility was very charming, especially the common area upstairs which was fabulous, with beautiful furniture, a piano, and decorated with tons of "Santa's" which give the place a very warm, inviting year-round holiday feeling. Also, don't miss breakfast, it was awesome. If you're looking for an amazing sunset with nothing in your way, make sure you go up to the roof top deck. "Hats off" to Nancy, our owner/hostess who makes her guests feel like family! We'll surely be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ron M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Near Princeton, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed at The Sand Castle for two nights in the Seascapes room. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. The bed was comfortable and the sheets are very high quality. Although the bathroom was small it was very clean. The property is very well kept. It has a pool that unfortunately we were not able to use since it was raining. The full breakfast was scrumptious!!! Awesome scones and coffee. I highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Boodkins
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Such a beautiful place to stay! Can't think of anything to improve it! Nancy is a great host. Always happy to return! The breakfasts are delicious......and you even have choices! Enjoyed Chowderfest this weekend too!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank DianeSpector
Plainfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We loved last years trip so much that we had to come back again this year for our anniversary. This year we chose the same room as last year "Egrets Landing" as it was perfect and the view from the panoramic windows was amazing. When we went into our room this year we did notice that the decor was different from last year which should not have been a surprise since last year the decor was different than the pictures online. The bed is amazing, the sheets are so soft, the chairs very comfortable and the room was very spacious. It was a little colder this year so we did not spend time on our porch. The breakfast scones, muffins fresh fruit and honey butter were amazing. The breakfast selections were a choice of eggs, bacon & potatoes or a belgian waffle on Sunday Morning and A choice of blueberry pancakes or eggs, potato & cheese casserole with taylor ham on Monday. The portions appeared smaller than last year and on Monday my casserole was not quite as hot as I would have liked but I'm sure it would not have been a problem if I had asked to have it heated up. The thing that I missed this year was the attention to detail that was there last year such as the toilet paper roll design (not at all a deal breaker) but I missed it because It was such a surprise and so cute there was very thick dust on the plant above the TV. Also, there was mold/mildew on a portion of the bathroom ceiling which was immediately addressed and painted when I brought it to Nancy's attention. It was a bit noisy in the hospitality area and at breakfast. In all fairness I think that some of my issues are due to the fact that there was a wedding party occupying several rooms during our first 24 hours which could have caused a problem with turnover. While I did mention some issues I did not mention them all as I was very tired having just returned home from a business trip and then drove 2 hours. I really just wanted some R & R with my husband. My husband and I really enjoyed our time regardless of the above we just were not Wowed as we were last year.

Room Tip: Ask if there is a wedding or large party occupying other rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kim P
sandcastlelbi, Owner at The Sand Castle, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
I would like to thank the reviewer for returning to the Sand Castle for her special occasion and for the candid comments about her experience. I certainly appreciate it when a guest takes notice of the constant updating I do to the inn to keep it fresh.....so if new linens don't match what shows in online photographs you can be sure that the quality will remain the same or be upgraded. Many guests choose to purchase the sheets we use from our gift gallery because they fall in love with them after one night!
Every guest who stays at the Sand Castle is given my personal cell phone number so they have access to reach me at any time during their stay. The reason I make myself available is because I want your stay to be perfect but I am unable to achieve that if I am not alerted to potential issues until after you leave. The Sand Castle is a Diamond member of Bed and Breakfast.com. We are proud that our inn is a cut above the ordinary. And as Confucius said, "Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without." If you point out something that we overlooked, nothing makes us feel better than to correct it.
Morristown, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Our stay at the Sand Castle was outstanding!! The breakfast is absolutely delicious. The coffee is wonderful. Nancy and her staff are extremely accommodating. My husband was not a bed and breakfast fan. After our stay at the Sand Castle, he is now!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Denise B
We LOVE hearing about our inn helping to make your husband become a B&B fan! Thank you so much! I am not sure which myths we dispelled but here are some of the common ones: "I have to eat with strangers. " Not true at the Sand Castle because you have a choice: we have a sun porch with individual tables for privacy dining and a dining room with a large table for those who prefer to socialize.
"There is a lack of privacy." Not at the Sand Castle; every room has a private entrance from the outside so you come and go as you please. "B&B's have shared bathrooms". That is truly a very old myth which has no merit; 97% of all B&B's have private baths and the Sand Castle has 100% private, modern baths with oversized showers or jacuzzi tubs and showers. "There are too many rules". Nothing more is asked of you than common courtesy and rules regarding safety around our pool area. "I don't want to have to talk to innkeepers and hear their story". No problem. The Sand Castle innkeeper will give you a tour of the facility so you are comfortable finding your way around and then the rest is up to you. I'm willing to share my knowledge of the area and answer any questions you may have and even give you my opinions of the local restaurants and shops. You can reach me at any time during your stay because I give you my personal cell phone number. But your comfort and privacy is respected at all times.
Belmar, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stay at this wonderful B&B at least twice a year and it's the only place to stay on LBI as far as I'm concerned. The rooms are all beautiful, the staff wonderful and the breakfast is always delicious.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Ginny089
Woodstock, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food, location and wonderful warmth of the employees makes this a special place to visit. Sandy may have hit the Jersey Shore - but this BNB is Jersey Strong. It is located on the North end of Long Beach Island. There is plenty of fishing, swimming and water sports to keep young and old entertained. The Sand Castle has it's own pool and the most delicious breakfasts in a lovely Victorian room -

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sea Horse Motel
Sea Horse Motel
#1 of 1 in Long Beach Township
4.0 of 5 stars 55 reviews

Been to The Sand Castle? Share your experiences!