We loved last years trip so much that we had to come back again this year for our anniversary. This year we chose the same room as last year "Egrets Landing" as it was perfect and the view from the panoramic windows was amazing. When we went into our room this year we did notice that the decor was different from last year which should not have been a surprise since last year the decor was different than the pictures online. The bed is amazing, the sheets are so soft, the chairs very comfortable and the room was very spacious. It was a little colder this year so we did not spend time on our porch. The breakfast scones, muffins fresh fruit and honey butter were amazing. The breakfast selections were a choice of eggs, bacon & potatoes or a belgian waffle on Sunday Morning and A choice of blueberry pancakes or eggs, potato & cheese casserole with taylor ham on Monday. The portions appeared smaller than last year and on Monday my casserole was not quite as hot as I would have liked but I'm sure it would not have been a problem if I had asked to have it heated up. The thing that I missed this year was the attention to detail that was there last year such as the toilet paper roll design (not at all a deal breaker) but I missed it because It was such a surprise and so cute there was very thick dust on the plant above the TV. Also, there was mold/mildew on a portion of the bathroom ceiling which was immediately addressed and painted when I brought it to Nancy's attention. It was a bit noisy in the hospitality area and at breakfast. In all fairness I think that some of my issues are due to the fact that there was a wedding party occupying several rooms during our first 24 hours which could have caused a problem with turnover. While I did mention some issues I did not mention them all as I was very tired having just returned home from a business trip and then drove 2 hours. I really just wanted some R & R with my husband. My husband and I really enjoyed our time regardless of the above we just were not Wowed as we were last year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seashore contemporary, sparkling clean bed and breakfast accommodation with water view rooms and spacious suites, all with private entrance from the outside, private bath, some with jacuzzi, some with a porch and all with a sumptuous full breakfast each morning. Modern amenities including free wifi, HDTV, DVD player, library of current DVD's,common areas with grand piano and game tables, in-room hair dryer, robes, beach towels, beach tags, and beach chairs. Enjoy your day at the beach or out on the bay then return to our beautiful outdoor, heated pool (available summer only) and courtyard area or enjoy complimentary bikes to ride around town. We are close to restaurants and shopping and a short drive to golf. Relax on our beautiful rooftop deck overlooking a panoramic view of the Barnegat Bay and the Barnegat Lighthouse. Then celebrate our colorful sunsets as you pass another relaxing day at the Sand Castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia and Orbitz so you can book your The Sand Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sand Castle Hotel Barnegat Light
- The Sand Castle Barnegat Light, NJ - Long Beach Island