“Wedding Anniversary Repeat”

The Sand Castle
Plainfield
“Wedding Anniversary Repeat”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We loved last years trip so much that we had to come back again this year for our anniversary. This year we chose the same room as last year "Egrets Landing" as it was perfect and the view from the panoramic windows was amazing. When we went into our room this year we did notice that the decor was different from last year which should not have been a surprise since last year the decor was different than the pictures online. The bed is amazing, the sheets are so soft, the chairs very comfortable and the room was very spacious. It was a little colder this year so we did not spend time on our porch. The breakfast scones, muffins fresh fruit and honey butter were amazing. The breakfast selections were a choice of eggs, bacon & potatoes or a belgian waffle on Sunday Morning and A choice of blueberry pancakes or eggs, potato & cheese casserole with taylor ham on Monday. The portions appeared smaller than last year and on Monday my casserole was not quite as hot as I would have liked but I'm sure it would not have been a problem if I had asked to have it heated up. The thing that I missed this year was the attention to detail that was there last year such as the toilet paper roll design (not at all a deal breaker) but I missed it because It was such a surprise and so cute there was very thick dust on the plant above the TV. Also, there was mold/mildew on a portion of the bathroom ceiling which was immediately addressed and painted when I brought it to Nancy's attention. It was a bit noisy in the hospitality area and at breakfast. In all fairness I think that some of my issues are due to the fact that there was a wedding party occupying several rooms during our first 24 hours which could have caused a problem with turnover. While I did mention some issues I did not mention them all as I was very tired having just returned home from a business trip and then drove 2 hours. I really just wanted some R & R with my husband. My husband and I really enjoyed our time regardless of the above we just were not Wowed as we were last year.

Room Tip: Ask if there is a wedding or large party occupying other rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kim P
sandcastlelbi, Owner at The Sand Castle, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
I would like to thank the reviewer for returning to the Sand Castle for her special occasion and for the candid comments about her experience. I certainly appreciate it when a guest takes notice of the constant updating I do to the inn to keep it fresh.....so if new linens don't match what shows in online photographs you can be sure that the quality will remain the same or be upgraded. Many guests choose to purchase the sheets we use from our gift gallery because they fall in love with them after one night!
Every guest who stays at the Sand Castle is given my personal cell phone number so they have access to reach me at any time during their stay. The reason I make myself available is because I want your stay to be perfect but I am unable to achieve that if I am not alerted to potential issues until after you leave. The Sand Castle is a Diamond member of Bed and Breakfast.com. We are proud that our inn is a cut above the ordinary. And as Confucius said, "Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without." If you point out something that we overlooked, nothing makes us feel better than to correct it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Morristown, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Our stay at the Sand Castle was outstanding!! The breakfast is absolutely delicious. The coffee is wonderful. Nancy and her staff are extremely accommodating. My husband was not a bed and breakfast fan. After our stay at the Sand Castle, he is now!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Denise B
We LOVE hearing about our inn helping to make your husband become a B&B fan! Thank you so much! I am not sure which myths we dispelled but here are some of the common ones: "I have to eat with strangers. " Not true at the Sand Castle because you have a choice: we have a sun porch with individual tables for privacy dining and a dining room with a large table for those who prefer to socialize.
"There is a lack of privacy." Not at the Sand Castle; every room has a private entrance from the outside so you come and go as you please. "B&B's have shared bathrooms". That is truly a very old myth which has no merit; 97% of all B&B's have private baths and the Sand Castle has 100% private, modern baths with oversized showers or jacuzzi tubs and showers. "There are too many rules". Nothing more is asked of you than common courtesy and rules regarding safety around our pool area. "I don't want to have to talk to innkeepers and hear their story". No problem. The Sand Castle innkeeper will give you a tour of the facility so you are comfortable finding your way around and then the rest is up to you. I'm willing to share my knowledge of the area and answer any questions you may have and even give you my opinions of the local restaurants and shops. You can reach me at any time during your stay because I give you my personal cell phone number. But your comfort and privacy is respected at all times.
Belmar, New Jersey
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stay at this wonderful B&B at least twice a year and it's the only place to stay on LBI as far as I'm concerned. The rooms are all beautiful, the staff wonderful and the breakfast is always delicious.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Ginny089
Woodstock, Vermont
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food, location and wonderful warmth of the employees makes this a special place to visit. Sandy may have hit the Jersey Shore - but this BNB is Jersey Strong. It is located on the North end of Long Beach Island. There is plenty of fishing, swimming and water sports to keep young and old entertained. The Sand Castle has it's own pool and the most delicious breakfasts in a lovely Victorian room -

4 Thank maggie s
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 2, 2013

First time to Long Beach Island and we couldn't have hit it luckier than to stay at the Sand Castle. Located away from the Beach Haven crowds, we thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful accommodations--our duplex suite, the rooftop deck, relaxing pool, parlor and a lovely breakfast. Short ride to the ocean beaches. Will come back next year!

3 Thank Matt B
Springfield,NJ
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We have stayed at the Sandcastle many times and have always loved being here. Nancy is a wonderful hostess,the rooms are all top drawer.T he breakfasts are to die for. We love the pool and the surrounding area

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful
2 Thank golfgirl723
Whippany, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Sand Castle for a long weekend. The room was beautiful and meticulously clean. Nancy was friendly and made sure we had everything we needed to be comfortable. Breakfast is delightful and the coffee and scones are the best! Some of our favorite highlights are the rooftop deck, the sunset view, the pool and hot tub, and the awesome beach which is a short walk away. There were even bicycles we could use, chairs and umbrella for the beach, sodas in our fridge, free movies and best of all, the feeling of being in a beautiful home away from home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eccpn
Your review is the ultimate compliment because you affirm that we have achieved our goal as stated on the homepage of our website at www.sandcastlelbi.com " Each day you will begin to feel more like a welcomed guest in a friend's home...and that's exactly what you become at the Sand Castle Bed and Breakfast."
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barnegat Light
Island Guest House Bed and Breakfast Inn
Sea Horse Motel
Sea Horse Motel
#1 of 1 in Long Beach Township

Been to The Sand Castle? Share your experiences!