I found this B & B on the internet after searching for a small, intimate, romantic place for our anniversary. I immediately fell in love with the website and then went on tripadvisor to check the ratings. Once I checked Trip advisor I was ready to book. After looking at all the rooms I decided on Egrets landing which was already booked. The only room available was Seascapes which I booked. Periodically I checked to see if Egrets Landing had become available which eventually it did. I was then able to switch to my first choice, Egrets Landing. We arrived at approximately 2PM on Saturday, so excited to meet Nancy and get the tour that I heard everyone talk about on Tripadvisor. Unfortunately, Nancy was not there, however she left a note on the door addressed to myself and my husband, with directions to our room as well as directions to other parts of the house. Immediately upon entering Egerts landing I was pleasantly surprised. There were stairs leading to a private entrance, with a private porch on either side of the glass french doors. The room was not decorated as on the website as I expected but it was really beautiful. The room was very bright and sunny yet had shades and blinds for privancy if needed. I was also surprised by the door opposite the closet leading to the hospitality area which has a refrigerator with complimentary beverages and ice, a microwave, water cooler and complimentary popcorn and hot chocolate. In addition to each room having a private entrance from outside, each room also has another door which opens to this hospitality area. My husband and I then toured the property, sampled the baked goods in the parlor, then settled into our room. The bed was very comfortable, as were the chairs, it was very convenient having a mini fridge eventhough we had access to the one in the hospitality area. Breakfast was very good on sunday morning. We were able to help ourselves to cereal, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, juices and an assortment of baked breads. After seated we were able to choose from a menu of Blueberry croissant french toast with blueberry syrup (which we chose) & taylor ham, eggs benedict, or an english muffin with eggs sandwich. Monday mornings breakfast included all the above self serve items in addition to a choice of a breakfast Quesadilla with Taylor Ham, Pancakes with Taylor ham or eggs with Taylor ham. The Quesadilla was great! We really enjoyed our visit and plan to go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seashore contemporary, sparkling clean bed and breakfast accommodation with water view rooms and spacious suites, all with private entrance from the outside, private bath, some with jacuzzi, some with a porch and all with a sumptuous full breakfast each morning. Modern amenities including free wifi, HDTV, DVD player, library of current DVD's,common areas with grand piano and game tables, in-room hair dryer, robes, beach towels, beach tags, and beach chairs. Enjoy your day at the beach or out on the bay then return to our beautiful outdoor, heated pool (available summer only) and courtyard area or enjoy complimentary bikes to ride around town. We are close to restaurants and shopping and a short drive to golf. Relax on our beautiful rooftop deck overlooking a panoramic view of the Barnegat Bay and the Barnegat Lighthouse. Then celebrate our colorful sunsets as you pass another relaxing day at the Sand Castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your The Sand Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sand Castle Hotel Barnegat Light
- The Sand Castle Barnegat Light, NJ - Long Beach Island