WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Perfect place for a romantic getaway!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Sand Castle

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barnegat Light
The Sand Castle
Plainfield
“Perfect place for a romantic getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I found this B & B on the internet after searching for a small, intimate, romantic place for our anniversary. I immediately fell in love with the website and then went on tripadvisor to check the ratings. Once I checked Trip advisor I was ready to book. After looking at all the rooms I decided on Egrets landing which was already booked. The only room available was Seascapes which I booked. Periodically I checked to see if Egrets Landing had become available which eventually it did. I was then able to switch to my first choice, Egrets Landing. We arrived at approximately 2PM on Saturday, so excited to meet Nancy and get the tour that I heard everyone talk about on Tripadvisor. Unfortunately, Nancy was not there, however she left a note on the door addressed to myself and my husband, with directions to our room as well as directions to other parts of the house. Immediately upon entering Egerts landing I was pleasantly surprised. There were stairs leading to a private entrance, with a private porch on either side of the glass french doors. The room was not decorated as on the website as I expected but it was really beautiful. The room was very bright and sunny yet had shades and blinds for privancy if needed. I was also surprised by the door opposite the closet leading to the hospitality area which has a refrigerator with complimentary beverages and ice, a microwave, water cooler and complimentary popcorn and hot chocolate. In addition to each room having a private entrance from outside, each room also has another door which opens to this hospitality area. My husband and I then toured the property, sampled the baked goods in the parlor, then settled into our room. The bed was very comfortable, as were the chairs, it was very convenient having a mini fridge eventhough we had access to the one in the hospitality area. Breakfast was very good on sunday morning. We were able to help ourselves to cereal, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, juices and an assortment of baked breads. After seated we were able to choose from a menu of Blueberry croissant french toast with blueberry syrup (which we chose) & taylor ham, eggs benedict, or an english muffin with eggs sandwich. Monday mornings breakfast included all the above self serve items in addition to a choice of a breakfast Quesadilla with Taylor Ham, Pancakes with Taylor ham or eggs with Taylor ham. The Quesadilla was great! We really enjoyed our visit and plan to go back again.

Room Tip: Egrets landing has an excellent view of the bay.
2 Thank Kim P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

My husband and I decided to enjoy the NJ shore after Labor Day and booked the Oceanic room. The room was very cozy with a private access door to the parking lot. The bed was sooo comfortable!! I meant to ask Nancy about those sheets! So soft. My husband and I were well rested. We ended up bringing our own beach chairs but I loved how each room has their own 'stash' right outside their doors (umbrella included). I was anticipating a common area where everyone might go to grab their beach supplies but this was a nice feature that we will be sure to use next time. While storm clouds threatened...Sand Castle offered many cozy delights to make us feel like we did not care what the weather did! (Though it turned out to be beautiful the following day anyway). The pool and jacuzzi were a nice option to come home to after the rough waters at the beach. Breakfast was amazing of course. We both enjoyed the gluten free belgian waffles...delicious!!! This was pretty impressive...I figured the gluten free options would strictly be egg-based dishes. It was a real treat for Sandcastle to have this option for those who are on a gluten-free diet. The coffee was phenomenal. It is 'pressure-brewed' which makes for a more delicious cup. All of the little details were great. This B&B exceeded expectations...even with a #1 rating on TA.

Room Tip: Oceanic room was on the smaller side but served all of our needs. It was definitely quiet even thou...
1 Thank Stella O
Pompton Plains, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

We have been traveling to LBI for years and never stayed at the north end of the island…what a nice place to be! The Sand Castle B&B is wonderful! My husband and I enjoyed every moment! Hospitality, breakfast, amenities and attention to details are unbelievable! Thank you Nancy and your staff for a wonderful and relaxing weekend!

Matawan, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is the sixth year that we have been visiting The Sand Castle, and once again, we had an incredibly enjoyable stay! Nancy, the owner, makes you feel welcome from the moment you arrive. The rooms are beautifully decorated with the most luxurious sheets and bedding. The breakfasts are delicious, and they are always willing to accommodate any requests you may have. The pool area is just beautiful, and it's so nice to relax when you get back from the beach. Beach badges are always included as well as beach towels and water bottles, and snacks are also available for the guests. This is one of my favorite places to stay, and I plan on returning for many years to come. Thanks, Nancy, for always making us feel so pampered! Melanie and Craig

Room Tip: I like to choose the rooms with the king size bed!
Warwick, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

This was a 35th wedding anniversary gift from our three children. We never dreamed that a B & B getaway could rival any other place we have traveled too. This is "heavenly" and we are already counting the time till we can return. The staff, breakfasts and accommodations were nothing short of sensational.
The homemade scones and honey butter are to die for and the pumpkin pancakes are sumptuous! If you can get a reservation at the Sandcastle, add at least another day because you'll never want to leave!
Celia & Otto
August 2012

1 Thank Celia O
Hackensack, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

we've stayed at many B&B's and this is one of the best. everything has been thought out for the guests' comfort. the breakfast and snacks are delicious, the accomodations are immaculate and luxurious. close to the shore and the bay with a pool as a bonus. Nancy is an amazing hostess and with her lovely staff has created an environment of friendliness and comfort. definitely a place we will stay at again!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

Nancy Gallimore has provided great detail to the rooms, breakfasts, pool and activities. Just pack your bags and spend your time relaxing at The Sand Castle, the beach or take a bike out for a few hours...passes and parking to the nearby beaches and bikes are provided by the thoughtful owner. Nancy and her staff are amazing and very hospitable, this is by far the best B & B I have visited.

• Stayed August 2012
#1 of 1 in Long Beach Township
Windward at the Beach
Windward at the Beach
#4 of 10 in Beach Haven

Been to The Sand Castle? Share your experiences!