“Good local diner”

Kelly's Old Barney Restaurant
Description: Serving cheap frozen food fast. Friendly staff making sure you get done quickly and out the door fast.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

As moustache bills was closed we called here and had a good value meal with the locals. Lots of objects around the diner and a decked area at the back.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Kelly's has a great outdoor deck where you can dine next to the Light House. Indoors you'll find a cozy dining area, with counter seating available. Food is bascially average, but order anything with fresh tuna and you won't be disappointed! Portions are generous, wait staff is friendly and helpful and atmosphere is laid-back and relaxed. Good for Breakfast, lunch or dinner. We find the prices to be a bit high, but not unexpected for this tourist dependent town!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were visiting friends on LBI and they insisted that my friend and I try Kelly's. What a disappointment. I was looking for some good New England clam chowder which I had but I have had much better elsewhere on the island. I also ordered a grilled cheese sandwich and asked that it be grilled with tomato. The grilled cheese had maybe one or two slices of cheese but no tomato...How hard is it to fill an order for a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich? Our dining guest ordered a crab cake sandwich which she enjoyed but the bun that it was on was twice the size of the crabcake. Prices are average for the shore but I won't be heading back there.