“First night on LBI”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Description: Fresh Fish Deli And Outside Cafe/take Out
Description: Fresh Fish Deli And Outside Cafe/take Out
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I gave four stars so as not to hurt the place but in truth it was more like 31/2. Perhaps my expectations were too high because we were referred by someone we know that on vacation in LBI the week before. The folks here were nice but the food was slightly above average and I and the absolute lack of comfort relative to the cost makes it overpriced. I'd give them a shot because everyone experiences something different. If you like outdoor take out then you might enjoy this place.

2  Thank VacationTonyC

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had a delicious fish taco here for lunch. It was served with a homemade salsa (avocado and tomatoes) and some chips. You can eat your food at one of the picnic tables - in the sun or the shade – there is no indoor seating. After your meal, you can walk to the Viking Village next door to see the fishermen and visit the small boutiques.

1  Thank Soliterre
Reviewed July 6, 2013

If you are heading to BL, this must be your first stop! The food is incredibly fresh and the staff very friendly. I recommend the fried clams, which are plump and perfectly fried every time. Fish tacos are also available, and no matter what you get, you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank Corey A
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was recently in LBI for a week and we stopped here for lunch one day. I went with people who have eaten there before but it was my first time. They recommended the fish and chips knowing how much I love them and oh my gosh they did not disappoint!
It wasn't busy when we ordered so our food was ready fairly quickly. My fish and chips came out all packed away in a classic style cardboard box and included some cole slaw. The entire meal was super delicious! The fish was SO fresh and juicy, all white meat and the coating/breading was just perfect, lightly crispy and very flavorful. The fries that came with it were very good as well, and very crispy. And the cole slaw was delicious, it had a strong black pepper flavor but I like that! They have outdoor seating so we decided to eat it there instead of take it back to the house. Everything was just so fresh it was great! I recommend stopping here if you're in LBI, you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Kelly A
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Fresh seafood right off the fishing fleet. Scallops are best in the world. A little on the pricey side but well worth it. Mostly take out but there are picnic tables outside. When on lbi just go!

1  Thank PhiladelphiaSbb123