“Why go anywhere else in BL?”

Viking Fresh Off the Hook
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Description: Fresh Fish Deli And Outside Cafe/take Out
Description: Fresh Fish Deli And Outside Cafe/take Out
Parsippany, New Jersey
“Why go anywhere else in BL?”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

If you are heading to BL, this must be your first stop! The food is incredibly fresh and the staff very friendly. I recommend the fried clams, which are plump and perfectly fried every time. Fish tacos are also available, and no matter what you get, you won't be disappointed.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Corey A

Warminster, Pennsylvania
“Best Fish & Chips!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was recently in LBI for a week and we stopped here for lunch one day. I went with people who have eaten there before but it was my first time. They recommended the fish and chips knowing how much I love them and oh my gosh they did not disappoint!
It wasn't busy when we ordered so our food was ready fairly quickly. My fish and chips came out all packed away in a classic style cardboard box and included some cole slaw. The entire meal was super delicious! The fish was SO fresh and juicy, all white meat and the coating/breading was just perfect, lightly crispy and very flavorful. The fries that came with it were very good as well, and very crispy. And the cole slaw was delicious, it had a strong black pepper flavor but I like that! They have outdoor seating so we decided to eat it there instead of take it back to the house. Everything was just so fresh it was great! I recommend stopping here if you're in LBI, you won't be disappointed!

1 Thank Kelly A
Philadelphia
“Scallops”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Fresh seafood right off the fishing fleet. Scallops are best in the world. A little on the pricey side but well worth it. Mostly take out but there are picnic tables outside. When on lbi just go!

1 Thank PhiladelphiaSbb123
Deal, New Jersey
“We will be back 4 shore”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Viking Fresh Off The Hook delivers some of the best seafood on the island. You should always expect the food to be delicious, the family boats port right there out of Viking village. Everyone I saw was enjoying the food. Clean Fresh and worth it

Kutztown, Pennsylvania
“Viking Off The Hook catered our daughters wedding at our rented beachfront home in Surf City. What a beautiful memory!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We had a beachfront wedding in Surf City and had it catered by Kris from Viking Off The Hook. What a wonderful person to work with and the food was superb! She helped us select everything from the tables, cloths, napkins, glass and chinaware to the elegant and delicious dinner menu. We chose a selection of Stuffed Flounder, Beef Tenderloin, and Chicken Francais, and appetizers including Bacon Wrapped Scallops, Shrimp and Crab Claw Cocktail, and Raspberry Brie filled Filo Cups. The portion sizes were large and the food fresh and out of this world. Her pastry chef topped off the evening with a beautiful two tiered carrot wedding cake that was so delicious the guests all went back for seconds. I was so glad I ordered one of their scrumptious apple pies too. Not one morsel was left! The Waitstaff was amazing! They took control of the entire night cooking some of the food on site and serving all the appetizers and meal to the guests. They were very professional in manner and attire not to mention they worked in complete silence and never skipped a beat! It's as if they mind-bopped. As for the cost of the event...it was much more reasonable than holding a reception in a local restaurant and tons more fun having it at the house. It enabled us to enjoy the evening on our time schedule and not be rushed. I would do it again in a heartbeat! Janet R.

• Visited July 2012