“Pizza”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Barnegat, New Jersey
“Pizza”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

A nice little restaurant with good pizza and other italian dishes. The staff is very friendly and the service it prompt. On one occasion we had take out pizza and my wife called them saying the pizza was not hot-they provided us with a free pizza on our next visit. The formal part of the restaurant serves good italian food.

• Visited April 2014

Stafford, NJ
“A Bad Night in Barnegat”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

This is a local restaurant that we frequented, because it’s in our neighborhood. Last night we went with friends who had never been there. We ordered our meals and appetizers. Apps arrived were quite good. The meal was served kind of sporadic all the food did not come out together. There was a chicken special that was over cooked a little dry and the pasta and meatballs was ok. The other 2 dishes were not presented as described but were ok. Then the hostess in a haste to move a table knocked over the wine bucket drenching my wife’s pants and shoes while making a huge mess and disrupting our dinner. She did apologize the owner came over and stated that’s why they call them accidents. Our dinner was ruined. They never offered to comp our meal and when we asked they said we can have dessert no cappuccino just desert and coffee. I don’t know where they learned service and quality but it was certainly missing. We will never go back again. Be careful you might need boots.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank fireridge
waretown
“good food”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

serpico's formerly spiaggia's is a great little find in an area of so so restaurants a little more upscale than the rest food is great. a surprise good dish for an Italian restaurant is their fried seafood platter it's better than most seafood restaurants in the area. another perk is that it's a bring your own. try it!!!

Visited September 2013
Barnegat, New Jersey
“Serpico's -- No Al Pacino here”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Okay, I guess I have to say that Serpico's food was fine, though not necessarily for the money one sheds to get it. We live in Barnegat, and I've ordered pizza from them on the other side of the restaurant, but in the same complex (have I confused you yet?). The pizza is thin crust, and quite good, but I feel it takes far too long to get it to the table. Once, my wife and I were just about giving up on the order because it took so long. I could say it's worth waiting for, but when one has to wait long consistently, it kind of gets old.
We decided to try the restaurant side at one point, and again, the food was great, but guess what -- we waited too long for even a waiter to come take our order (about ten minutes or so), and when he showed up, he apologized because they were busy (there were three other couples in the place at the time). There's one more thing that rubbed me the wrong way: we went with a coupon that offered one meal and the other half price. However, when we presented it to the waiter, he had to check it out with his boss, who said it was only good after five o'clock. There was no indication of that on the coupon, and I wasn't in the mood to argue, so we just paid and left, and haven't returned.
Now, I believe one person's dissatisfaction shouldn't be the reason one never tries the place, but I also believe one should enter with full knowledge of what to expect. I've written a number of restaurant reviews, all of which have been fairly glowing, so I'm not one who looks to complain. If you go here, I do hope your experience will be far better than ours has been.

• Visited September 2013
barnegat
“best restaurant in barnegat”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

hands down, the best restaurant not only in Barnegat, but in nj. place is gorgeous, food is unbelievable, and the owners are simply wonderful. plus the best service possible!

• Visited March 2014