“Breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles

Shiloh's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Woodsville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Woodsville, New Hampshire
“Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

The round omelette is excellent! The service is very friendly!!! The servers are very professional and strive to make customers satisfied!

• Visited April 2014

Dunnellon, Florida
“Another visit, food still good, tablecloths still weird”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

In my initial visit and review of Shiloh's, I ordered breakfast food in the middle of the day, and wondered if the weird textured black tablecloths were part of the Halloween decor. I can now report they are not. They seem to be only in one half of the restaurant. My non-breakfast meal was served on a smooth glossy plate, not the matte textured plate that bothered me on my last visit. The price seemed a bit high, but the food was very good. This was my first trip to the salad bar. It's not the largest salad bar you'll ever see, but I was delighted to see 3 different bowls of greens: spinach, romaine, and iceberg lettuce. The young lady who is the public face of the place was as sweet as ever. I will keep coming here when I have business in Woodsville.

• Visited March 2014
Monroe, NH
“Breakfast is going downhill.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Shiloh's has always been a reliable local place for breakfast - nothing fancy, but solid food. Husband and I were both disappointed when we went recently - hash had very little flavor, potatoes a big disappointment. Mushrooms in the omelet seemed like canned mushrooms. We've not been for dinner in a while, but, based on this most recent experience (as well as this restaurant's reliance on "restaurant.com" discount certificates (usually not a strategy employed by better places, for very long), probably won't be gong out of our way anytime soon. I suspect it is just hard to sustain a good solid restaurant in Woodsville. McDonalds, Subway, and Woodsville Pizza seem to be it.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Marshfield, Vermont
“Needs improvement”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

As a avid food lover and restaurant critic in my own light, I found this restaurant disappointing. I visited Shilohs on a Friday evening at 6:30, with a dinner party of 2 adults and 3 children. I have a clear understanding that Woodsville NH is a slow traffic town, with the largest highlight, being a super Wal-Mart, but with the name and décor, I did became excited. I was hopeful that I may have found a hidden treasure. The waitress were all wearing lovely red dresses, which was very high end feeling. A propane fire place warmed the room with glass staples on the table. All was very promising. Once the meals and drinks were ordered, I then started to see the jazz fading away. The children's were given, used Wal-Mart "The First Years Take & Toss 10 Oz" with pre-chewed on Straw Cups. I who had order a Lemonade, was reminded of a Sunday picnic with "country time". The salad bar was mostly fresh, the shrimp was fresh and deveined, a few items, broccoli, cucumbers were aged by the air. Once our appetizers arrived they appeared to be frozen processed food, that had been fried and placed on an Ocean state platter. Finally the entrées arrived, and again disappointed. The French fries were great, very similar to "ALs French fries", but sadly everything else that had been fried, also tasted like them. Fried scallop had runny white water from being quickly defrosted as they hit the fryer and they too tasted like fries. An unknown fish maybe Cod they had sold as haddock, along with onion rings we ordered were also that dark brown color. We had sent the first stringy fish back to receive another unknown fried fish, but luckily the batter was that beautiful golden color you yearn for at a restaurant, but again it wasn't haddock. The mashes potatoes were from the box and gravy was a whole sale production as well. Over all, I would of rather drove to Littleton. If Shilohs decided to take their food more serious, I will be back, but its unlikely.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Saint Johnsbury, Vermont, United States
“Another meal that did not disappoint!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We both enjoyed chowders, He, clam chowder and me, seafood chowder. He enjoyed his BLT, and I loved my Rueben. Onion rings were homemade, and very good.

• Visited December 2013