“BAD experience couldn't even stay!!”

and 1 more site!
Jack O'Lantern Resort
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Woodstock
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
“BAD experience couldn't even stay!!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We arrived @5 and the 2 couples in front were having issues, One family had the wrong room the other family was missing chairs and was expecting 2 beds. The front desk was doing her best to help everyone.We got our keys and headed to our room with 2 very excited kids. We got in our room and the first thing we noticed was the room was very hot. My husband went to turn on the A/C and the unit was covered with a thick layer of dust. The kids ran upstairs to check out their room. I went to look at the porch where I noticed pistachio shells all over the floor(very dangerous because my daughter has a tree nut allergy) My husband was checking out the bedroom and he noticed thick dust on the closet doors and the extra sheets were thrown in the closet in a ball. Had they been washed? We decided to go back to the office to ask for another room on our way out we noticed cob webs and 2 bugs in the corner of the room. We spoke with the front desk around 5:20 she told us their were no other rooms available but she would come over and straighten up for us. We said ok. So we headed back to the room now 25 minutes later and the room was still very HOT! I went to check the bedroom and when I pulled back the sheets I noticed a cloud of dust and in the bathroom their was toothpaste all over the shower curtain. Also we noticed spider webs in the fuse box that had been left open and the final straw was my husband found a bug in the freezer. We couldn't stay here. I tried to call from the room phone, but it didn't work. So we quickly headed back to the front desk because they close at 6. My husband said we wanted a refund, front desk said ok but can you talk to my manager. So my husband got on the phone and told her our issues. The manager said how about we get a cleaning crew in and clean you another room. My husband agreed but said it had to be another room. She told us to go relax at the club house and they would call us when it was done. We headed to the club house/pool. We never made it in but we did notice that the hot tub looked very dirty and the game room was very hot. The manager called us about 10 minutes later and said they couldn't get us a room but would send someone to tidy up our old room . We said NO thank you! we got our refund and started to look for another place to stay. We headed down the road and got a call from the manager she couldn't stop apologizing and trying to get us to come back. I explained to her it wasn't safe for us to stay there especially with the pistachio shells everywhere. We just didn't feel comfortable and of course not having a phone made us nervous too. The manager asked what we were going to do now. We told her we were looking for a place and she said that she would like to pay for our first night somewhere else and could come back the next night if we wanted. I have to say that the front desk and the manager were great to deal with but I could never go back to that resort it just seemed dirty and not maintained well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Jamie B

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Easy to get-to location, well-maintained facilities, and great amenities make this property a great location to either be active or relax. Indoor and outdoor pools, jacuzzi, tennis courts, and an abutting golf course can keep you busy on short or long visits. Also, its proximity to area attractions and sites make it a great location. The units are well-maintained and spacious, providing flexibility for small or large groups.

Room Tip: Larger groups with more than two vehicles may want to opt for the higher number units which are clos...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank RobertD807
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We were two couples staying for three nights in a two bedroom suite for August 5th to 7th. The suite was great, clean, and well stocked.
The staff at the golf course was incredibly accommodating for all requests we had.
We believe we will be making the Jack O'Lantern an annual visit based on the service we received from all the staff that works here.
Would recommend this place highly.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wies88
East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at the Jack o lantern from July 3rd to the 6th. We stayed in a 3 bedroom 2 and a half bath condo. It was so cute, spacious, and very cozy. I loved the layout of this unit. We had a party of 5, although this unit could fit 10 people easy. fully equipped with everything. Loved the balconies, and 3 season porch, and the loft. very remote and quiet atmosphere. 2 pools, a hot tub, game room, and playground. My kids went in the pools, although i did not. I will give the condo a 5 star, but as far as location went i would have to give it a 4, because you had to drive out to Lincoln NH for everything. That was not a big deal though for me, because it was only 2 exits over. I will definiately without a doubt stay here again. You cant beat the price, and how cute and spacious the homes are. I would recommend this place for families, couples, and the elderly. Very nice time. thanks Jack o lantern resort we will be back!!!

Room Tip: I would recommend the full 3 bedroom home. Very nice layout, spacious, and cozy!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We arrived at the resort at about 11:30am just a half hour after you could check in which we thought was great because we were only here for one night. We could not check in to the room it was not ready and we would need to come back. The women at the desk not friendly at all and gave us no reason and no time to return. We did come back at 1:30pm thinking the room would be ready by now, another women much nicer said "they only had one house keeper, one quit last week, and the other called out sick. Why didn't the first women notify us when we checked in first. We were able to check in at 1:30pm. Arriving in our room there were empty beer cans on top of the curtains! Strange? Rest of the room "ok". Beds uncomfortable. We decided to go swimming later on in the evening the pool was ice cold and the lighten in the pool area was pitch black. They only thing that was good was the food. We did have a nice breakfast buffet on Saturday, but when we checking in at the restaurant our name was not on the list. We did get a room with breakfast included. I do not recommend this resort. The hospitality was terrible and rooms need to be checked for random trash. If we could of checked in early we could of seen a lot more of NH. We will never stay here again. Don't recommended it!

Room Tip: Rooms with a mountain view is nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Woodstock hotels

Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Having been going to the Jack for 11 years now. I have 12 guys in two condo's. We go in either June or July. I would not give this course 5 stars by it self but when you add in the Price, Condos, and Food it is for sure 5 stars.

Condos are spacious. They have a full kitchen, and plenty of room for us to all hang out at night and play cards.

Golf course is not the most interesting layout. Over the past 3 years you can tell there has been a effort to upgrade the course conditions.

Staff is always friendly . All and all its a great place to go. Staff is always friendly

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Woofer21_1974
manchester
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed at the 3 bedroom condo for a long weekend in January 2013. The condo is a decent size and the living room /kitchen area is on a smaller side. It has a screened in porch and a balcony. There is 2 1/2 bathrooms and a laundry room. It was great for families with kids. We did some sledding in the back. The heated pool is a decent size with a nice jacuzzi. The location is great downtown is close and loon mountain is 15 min away. This would be a great placeto visit in any season. Would recommend to friends.

• Stayed January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lincoln East - White Mountains
#5 of 20 in Lincoln
Omni Mount Washington Resort
Omni Mount Washington Resort
#1 of 2 in Bretton Woods

Been to Jack O'Lantern Resort? Share your experiences!