All reviews cozy cabins flume gorge queen size bed great place to stay we've stayed fire pit microwave hike river
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed here over Labor Day weekend. The Presidential Cabin was plenty of space for our family of 5. There are 2 bedrooms, one with a queen bed and one with single bunk beds, and then a pullout couch. The beds were comfortable. The kids did say the pullout wasn't comfortable, but we resolved that by having our littlest sleep on it without pulling it out and he was fine. There are two small tvs, one in the bunk room and one in the main room. The kids loved this, as they don't have tv in their rooms at home and it was a novelty. No TV in the adult bedroom, but we did not mind that at all.

The cabin was recently renovated and is spotless. It is outfitted with plenty of dishes and pots and pans for basic cooking, a new coffee maker, microwave, large fridge and toaster. Basic dry goods, like salt, sugar, pepper and other things are provided, so check the cupboards before your grocery run.

There is no AC, but it was cool at night and with fans we were comfortable. Bathroom is nice, with a full-size tub and shower and plenty of storage space.

Check in was quick and easy, and when we needed extra sheet and pillows, the manager brought them over within minutes.

There is a small pool with plenty of chairs. It was a little cold, but certainly warmer than the local rivers, and the water was clean and not over-chlorinated like some places. The kids liked the swingset and played volleyball.

There are about 10 cabins and they are all close to one another. It seemed that everyone went to bed early (probably after hiking and such all day), and we had no issues with noise or hearing our neighbors.

Maple Lodge is a short drive outside of Woodstock, and is within 5-10 minutes of all of the local restaurants and attractions. Location is not walking distance to anything, but you will have a car anyway, and this location is perfect.

We love traveling to the Lincoln/Woodstock area and will definitely stay here again. It is a great value, too.

Room Tip: Presidential Cabin ideal for families (2 adults and up to 4 kids) or 2 couples (if one doesn't mind bunk beds). Little cabins are cute and romantic for couples.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed at maple lodge cabins for 4 nights. The cabin was clean, the service was accommodating, and the scenery gorgeous! Close to most major NH attractions. Clean pool. Cozy and warm cabins. We definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 19Zelda20
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This place was perfect for our bachelorette weekend. I booked 2 cabins each with 2 queen beds and there own bathroom and fireplace. The cabins were very charming and comfortable. This place has a pool as well which was great and we got to use often. This place was great after a long day of hiking Mooselauke. There is cute little town very close to the cabins as well if you wanted breakfast lunch or dinner. I will absolutely be recommending this place to anyone that is thinking of staying in this area. This place is under new management and Don did a great job. Thanks to the staff for a great experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rachel C
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My Wife and i just returned from there, we go to the area once a year but this was the first time staying at Maple Lodge Cabins. I must say the place is the cleanest place we've stayed so far! The room smelled fresh unlike most of the other cabin rental establishments that smell musty. We both had a great night sleep, night before was a group fire and got to make new friends.

The manager Don was kind and sweet and they made us feel welcome. We are definitely going there again. 5 STAR ALL THE WAY!

Myriam and Mark

Room Tip: We don't have a recommendation for a room but the couples room we were there with had the same nice qualities
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Myriam W
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I was very disappointed yesterday to learn that my telephone reservation needed to be cancelled 3 hours later when they realized that they had already booked the pet-friendly cabin I had reserved. I'd actually not gotten the dates I had sought for the cabin and, per their advice, I agreed to arrive a day earlier to take advantage of the availability of the cabin for my desired 2-night stay. I thought all was set but I received a voicemail 3 hours later that they had made a mistake and that another person had arrived and had assumed the reservation instead. The next day, I called to respond to the voicemail and confirm that I'd received the cancellation message and though they did apologize for their 'mistake', I was not offered any other consolation. I feel that this type of scheduling oversight should not happen especially since I gave all my credit details over the telephone to no avail... :/ I

Room Tip: I would suggest that travelers request a written confirmation of their reservation via e-mail. This was a holiday period and would hate to think that I got bumped to another traveler with a longer stay...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo