“Great view of the lake, sit outside” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Garwoods Restaurant

Garwoods Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 39 Restaurants in Wolfeboro
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Clinton, Connecticut
“Great view of the lake, sit outside”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

Sat on the outside patio, watched all the boats and would be paddle boarders, started to sprinkle but with the umbrellas up, we did not mind the refreshing rain. Food was fresh and delicious, friendly and attentive servers

Visited July 2014

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Outdoor seating with a view and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

Consistency is the key to any restaurant and you can count on this at Garwood's. The staff is always welcoming and friendly.
We always bring visitors and we have never been disappointed and neither are our guests.

Visited August 2014
Carmel, New York
“overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

My first visit to Garwoods. I ordered the shrimp and avocado salad with a remoulade dressing. There were four shrimp, barely any avocado and the dressing on the spinach leaves was bland. The tasty lobster bisque was completely pureed; a few chunks of lobster would have been nice. I would not return.

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank hhmcc
Wardsboro, Vermont, United States
“Unimpressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

My family and I had lunch at Garwoods today and we were less than thrilled. My husband had the steak and cheese sub, which he felt was seriously lacking in the cheese department. My son and I both had the fish and chips, which was ok, but didn't have a lot of flavor. My daughter had the chicken quesadilla, which she liked, but the chicken was just chunked up chicken fingers. I would not have been happy with fried chicken in my quesadilla. The food just wasn't that good. We don't come to Wolfeboro that often, but we won't be choosing Garwoods again.

1 Thank Virginia P
Merrimack, New Hampshire
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

My family and I (7 of us) went to dinner here while on vacation. We picked this place because the menu online looked absolutely fabulous and it had a beautiful view! However, when we got there the menu was missing a lot of the things that had drawn us there in the first place.
The food is pretty expensive for the quality that we received. The lobster bisque and clam chowder were simply the cream, no meat, although they were very tasty. We ordered a round of drinks which were very excellent, but when we were finished our waitress never came over to ask if we needed more, especially since our food was taking awhile to come out (which is expected with 7 people). We finally had to flag her down and ask for more drinks which didn't come out until after our food had arrived.
I ordered the crab cake entree which was very excellent, but the french fries weren't very good. There were two orders of short ribs which they absolutely loved, but the vegetables and mashed potatoes were on the cold side for everyone's meal. Another person got the filet with the Garwoods sauce on it, which was more like balsamic vinaigrette and had just come out of the refrigerator. The tips were a very small portion, but came out good.
Overall the food was not worth the cost that we paid, and our waitress was inattentive and kept to herself.

• Visited July 2014